Which sim card for holiday in India and Sri Lanka

Found 3rd Dec 2017
Hi
Going away in the winter to Goa(India) and Srilanka.:)

Any one know of a good sim payasyougo which could be cheap roaming.can buy a sim card in India but it is a laborious process with passport,photos,etc
Community Updates
Ask
2 Comments
Roaming charges are very expensive for Sri Lanka. 3 UK allow free roaming in Sri Lanka. But their partner in Sri Lanka is the worst network. So don't expect good connection outside city.

You can get pay as you go SIM from airport. Recommend service provider is Dialog. You need passport photo copy & photo but you don't have to do anything. They'll do everything. Also power socket is different so you might need to buy multiplug.
Sadly all UK providers are quite expensive when roaming in India.

I don't have personal experience of Goa Airport (Panjim) myself but I think it is is one of the 12 airports where foreign tourist can buy a sim card (see - timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind…cms). Local data and call charges are pretty low - last time I took a prepaid (i.e. PAYG) sim and spent about £10 for 2 weeks. Think I had a daily data allowance of 1.5gb which was more than what I would use in a week.

I personally use the tesco calling card app, which if you have data connection allows you to send text/make calls to UK at pretty low rate
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants