Which SIM cards will work in an EE locked phoned?

Found 8th Jun
Hi folks, I have a pay monthly phone with EE. I am looking to get a SIM only deal for extra data but would like to know if there are any SIMs that would work in my phone without having to pay the £8.99 to get my phone unlocked (the fee is more than one month's SIM only price).
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
EE SIM cards
Plusnet and BT will probably work as they all use EE's network and owned by the same company.
I believe virgin and asda mobile use it as well.
I tried a Plusnet SIM in an EE locked phone and it didn't work, may depend on the phone?
Doesn't always work like that anymore, a lot of these Virtual Network Operators and EE are starting to lock the Handsets now despite then being on the same EE Network.
stefromuk2 h, 27 m ago

I believe virgin and asda mobile use it as well.

Virgin don't anymore since they swapped to the new purple sim cards about 6 months back.
Sounds like I am best to test a sim card in my phone first before signing up to a sim only deal then
Can't you try and maybe phone for a deal with more data?
Why are they charging £8.99 to unlock? Speak to them again as they are supposed to do it for free. If no luck thy the online chat service.
sydney8711 h, 8 m ago

Why are they charging £8.99 to unlock? Speak to them again as they are …Why are they charging £8.99 to unlock? Speak to them again as they are supposed to do it for free. If no luck thy the online chat service.

I'm still in contract
Jay0802861 h, 13 m ago

Can't you try and maybe phone for a deal with more data?

I tried this but it was more expensive to pay for extra data with them than it is to purchase a SIM with a lot more date included. Some people say other SIMs work, while others say it doesn't so just seems to be your donald duck.
Wee update. Asda sim card works a treat in my phone so thanks for the help
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants