Which size shower head is better?

Posted 28th Dec 2019
Hi all.

I have a new 800mm walk in shower and I was wondering if I should buy a 200mm shower head or a 400mm shower head. Does anyone have any opinions/stats on which is better please?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Depends how powerful your shower is . Lower power use smaller head , higher power you`ll be ok with larger head .
mikeportsmouth28/12/2019 09:27

Depends how powerful your shower is . Lower power use smaller head , …Depends how powerful your shower is . Lower power use smaller head , higher power you`ll be ok with larger head .

Combi boiler, pressure is 11 litres a minute iirc.

I won't be using a power shower.
MadeDixonsCry28/12/2019 09:45

Combi boiler, pressure is 11 litres a minute iirc.I won't be using a power …Combi boiler, pressure is 11 litres a minute iirc.I won't be using a power shower.

Measure how much comes out your shower. Surely won't be 11 litres per minute

Go for an adjustable pattern spray head
chocci28/12/2019 10:01

Measure how much comes out your shower. Surely won't be 11 litres per …Measure how much comes out your shower. Surely won't be 11 litres per minuteGo for an adjustable pattern spray head

Thanks. The plumber measured the incoming cold water from the kitchen tap and stated 11 litres per minute. He said 15 was the maximum. The boiler can handle more than this capacity.
For a waterfall shower you normally don't get much pressure but more coverage. Go for the smaller head if you want more pressure or the larger head for coverage. It will be more like a rainfall then a big pressure shower on both a slight pressure difference.
kash201328/12/2019 10:19

For a waterfall shower you normally don't get much pressure but more …For a waterfall shower you normally don't get much pressure but more coverage. Go for the smaller head if you want more pressure or the larger head for coverage. It will be more like a rainfall then a big pressure shower on both a slight pressure difference.

I never realised the term "rainfall" referred to pressure. I'm quite annoyed because I do like high pressure. I guess I'm gonna stick with a smaller one with adjustable pattern.
Thanks
We use a 200mm adjustable head from our combi- boiler . If we just have the middle bit on if anything it's too powerful , so ours gets left with all jets working. This gives good coverage and pressure. Ours also has temperature sensitive LEDs , when they turn from blue to green/ red the water is hot. Our shower also has a regular head on a hose for rinsing off that is powerful too.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 28th Dec 2019
yorkie1228/12/2019 10:59

We use a 200mm adjustable head from our combi- boiler . If we just have …We use a 200mm adjustable head from our combi- boiler . If we just have the middle bit on if anything it's too powerful , so ours gets left with all jets working. This gives good coverage and pressure. Ours also has temperature sensitive LEDs , when they turn from blue to green/ red the water is hot. Our shower also has a regular head on a hose for rinsing off that is powerful too.

Thanks for your comment, it gives me hope

yorkie1228/12/2019 10:59

Ours also has temperature sensitive LEDs , when they turn from blue to …Ours also has temperature sensitive LEDs , when they turn from blue to green/ red the water is hot.

Is that so you can start the shower and not step under it until it's warm enough? How long does it usually take? I have a thermostat (not used yet), wouldn't have thought we'd need to wait very long.
MadeDixonsCry28/12/2019 11:09

Thanks for your comment, it gives me hope Is that so you can …Thanks for your comment, it gives me hope Is that so you can start the shower and not step under it until it's warm enough? How long does it usually take? I have a thermostat (not used yet), wouldn't have thought we'd need to wait very long.

Ours takes a minute or two to get to full heat , although we seem to get hot water quicker when the heating is on. The Thermostatic control works well too , keeps a constant temperature even when OH decides to wash the dishes whilst I'm in the shower or flush a loo. The pressure does drop though.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 28th Dec 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions