Which Smartwatch

Found 7th Nov 2017
Evening all,

So the father in-law wants a smartwatch for xmas. I have a Sony Smartwatch 3. He's not fussed on brand or too much function but just wants a basic android smartwatch that can run apps, and with a not too shabby battery life. We'd like to spend less than £100 on it, which has pointed me to the Chinese market but there's so many!

Which one's the best bang for buck smartwatch out there?!
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
most of smartwatches are useless, that is yet another device that tyou need to charge but still have to use your phone in order to do anything more than just to check who sent you a message or skip the next track
so basically over 100 quid spent on a device that will make you glance at it and then at the phone...

if you are looking at a smart watch get something like Nokia/Withings based devices
some may have heart rate monitors but at least they look like decent watches not something bulky and just ugly
Agree with above , unless you use/need the functions all you have is a pretty choice of dials ,nice but why ?If you use the Bluetooth connectivity it needs charging daily ,I did buy one but have rarely used it after the first novelty week .
mattsk30 m ago

most of smartwatches are useless, that is yet another device that tyou …most of smartwatches are useless, that is yet another device that tyou need to charge but still have to use your phone in order to do anything more than just to check who sent you a message or skip the next trackso basically over 100 quid spent on a device that will make you glance at it and then at the phone...if you are looking at a smart watch get something like Nokia/Withings based devicessome may have heart rate monitors but at least they look like decent watches not something bulky and just ugly

You have a very valid point. They are pretty ugly and you do wonder what exactly do they do. But then if you look at the standard watch, all it does is tell the time and nothing more, so the smart watch is much better.

I like my standard watch because it looks like jewellery as well as tell me the time. Until the smart watch start to look pretty and becomes a mobile phone, i cant see it being of any use to me
mutley12 h, 23 m ago

You have a very valid point. They are pretty ugly and you do wonder what …You have a very valid point. They are pretty ugly and you do wonder what exactly do they do. But then if you look at the standard watch, all it does is tell the time and nothing more, so the smart watch is much better.I like my standard watch because it looks like jewellery as well as tell me the time. Until the smart watch start to look pretty and becomes a mobile phone, i cant see it being of any use to me

yeah but the watch is the to look nice (its an accessory to compliment the rest of the outfit)
and if the watch can do that at least to some degree then why not?
for example 32389095-QUK8Z.jpg
this is a smartwatch, classy absolutely, but also tells you the heart rate, gives you notifications etc...

or if you dont like the screen
32389095-vyN76.jpgno notifications but does all the pedometer stuff,
plenty watches like that on the market

ohh forgot to mention, the top watch lasts 25 days
the bottom one 8 months

ohh im not biased there is also similar vivomove hr from garmin
Edited by: "mattsk" 7th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants