Which SoundBar For 65" TV £150-£250 ? Help please :)

6 replies
Found 5th Jan
Hello all,

I'm looking to buy a soundbar for my 65" Samsung 4k TV, I have been looking at the Bose solo 5 but I have read good and bad reviews so not sure.

is there any other soundbar better than the Bose solo 5 for around £150-£250 ?

Thank you in advance

6 Comments

Got an open box Yamaha YSP1600 from Richer Sounds last week for £249. Really happy with it. I wanted an all in one (no external sub) and this ticked all the boxes.

Currently at £279.00 with a 6 year warranty.
m.richersounds.com/!/product/YAMA-YSP1600-BLK

Original Poster

Captaingrim

Got an open box Yamaha YSP1600 from Richer Sounds last week for £249. … Got an open box Yamaha YSP1600 from Richer Sounds last week for £249. Really happy with it. I wanted an all in one (no external sub) and this ticked all the boxes. Currently at £279.00 with a 6 year warranty. http://m.richersounds.com/#!/product/YAMA-YSP1600-BLK

Thank you for your reply

you think the YSP1600 is better than the YAS306?

I tried the 306, wasn't that keen. Didn't seem to bring anything extra to the party whereas the 1600 really gives scope and definition to both TV and music. I spent quite sometime doing research and trying to find the 'right one' at a price I was willing to pay.
Sound is quite subjective so whatever you fancy, try it out first. Like I said previously not having the separate sub was a big plus for me, I don't need that massive bass roar for the size of room Im using it in.

Original Poster

Captaingrim

I tried the 306, wasn't that keen. Didn't seem to bring anything extra to … I tried the 306, wasn't that keen. Didn't seem to bring anything extra to the party whereas the 1600 really gives scope and definition to both TV and music. I spent quite sometime doing research and trying to find the 'right one' at a price I was willing to pay. Sound is quite subjective so whatever you fancy, try it out first. Like I said previously not having the separate sub was a big plus for me, I don't need that massive bass roar for the size of room Im using it in.

I see,

I will phone them tomorrow morning to see if they have any in stock at London-Kingston

Thank you very much for your help

Captaingrim

Got an open box Yamaha YSP1600 from Richer Sounds last week for £249. … Got an open box Yamaha YSP1600 from Richer Sounds last week for £249. Really happy with it. I wanted an all in one (no external sub) and this ticked all the boxes. Currently at £279.00 with a 6 year warranty. http://m.richersounds.com/#!/product/YAMA-YSP1600-BLK

​280quid with 6yr warranty, fek that's awesome, the sound is crisp and I haven't seen any real bad reviews..... think I know what I'm doing tomorrow!! thanks

Happy to help, let me know how you guys get on.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best place to get Euro's... this Wednesday?48
    2. Best/cheapest music service33
    3. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?36
    4. Android pay set up614

See more discussions