Which SSD drive I need to replace my current HD

Found 23rd Sep 2017
I m looking for new laptop so for time being want to use my old AMD laptop which is extremely slow my question is if I add SSD drive does it make my laptop usuable and slightly better performance I am adding the picture of the hard drive and connector please let me know which one I need it, from youtube videos I believe in need mSata iii 2.5"
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
32067921-VOPFm.jpg32067921-R2qYh.jpg
There aren't many different types of connectors for SSDs but it most definately won't be a msata 2.5" because they are the two main differing types. You have standard 2.5" size drives which are sata connected, then you have drives which are msata connected and those drives are usually really small and are for very small laptops.
If you have a standard laptop from the last 10 years, just buy a normal ssd and it will work.
I had a very old Intel single core laptop with something like 4GB of ram and it was very slow with a standard drive, but with an SSD it was very fast, completely night and day in my opinion.
You need to turn hard drive round to give us an idea what it is because that's where the models numbers are, but I would say its a standard laptop 2.5" drive.

32068029-3gbhy.jpg
Standard desktop HDD / 2.5" desktop/laptop SSD / 1.8" SSD / mSATA SSD
Have you tried physically measuring the drive with a tape measure as this will give you the thickness.
32068437-As5X0.jpg
I have not measure it yet but will do now and update soon
I search the model and this is what I found

cnet.com/pro…cs/

GENERAL
Interface SATA 3Gb/s
Buffer Size 8 MB
Weight 3.56 oz
ManufacturerToshiba
INTERFACE PROVIDED
Qty 1
Storage Interface Serial ATA-300
Interface Serial ATA-300
MISCELLANEOUS
Microsoft Certifications Compatible with Windows 7
MTBF 600000 sec
EXPANSION & CONNECTIVITY
Interfaces 1 x SATA 3 Gb/s
HARD DRIVE
Form Factor 2.5" x 1/8H
Interface Type Serial ATA-300
Spindle Speed 5400 rpm
Hard Drive Type internal hard drive
Form Factor (Short) 2.5"
Form Factor (metric) 6.4 cm x 1/8H
Form Factor (Short) (metric) 6.4 cm
Storage Interface Serial ATA-300
It's a standard 320GB 2.5" SATA 9mm drive. Any SATA 2.5" SSD would fit (ideally with a spacer, as a lot are 7mm). However, changing the drive may make little difference. If you have an old, low spec AMD CPU or not enough RAM, you still might not see a noticeable difference.
Ar460rn22 m ago

It's a standard 320GB 2.5" SATA 9mm drive. Any SATA 2.5" SSD would fit …It's a standard 320GB 2.5" SATA 9mm drive. Any SATA 2.5" SSD would fit (ideally with a spacer, as a lot are 7mm). However, changing the drive may make little difference. If you have an old, low spec AMD CPU or not enough RAM, you still might not see a noticeable difference.

Well this is what I also think and asked here because it is extremely slow laptop when i open browser more then 1 tab it start struggling so maybe is not worth upgrading the drive

CPU AMD c-50 processor 1ghz

Cache L2 - 1 MB
64-bit Computing Yes

Technology DDR3 SDRAM
Installed Size 3 GB
Oh - definitely not worth upgrading the drive
One review of the C-50 says "Therefore, the performance is still in netbook regions and only suited for low demanding tasks."
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants