which subwoofer for 5.1 set up ?mounting help (monitor audio fx/bronze 1 and centre channels) i have purchased

Found 13th Jun
i have purchased
seperately

monitor bronze fx surround *rear

monitor audio bronze 1 *front

monitor audio bronze centre speaker

i just need to buy a subwoofer, the w10 model of the monitor audio range goes for £499

is it important i stick to the same manufacturer?
or is there a decent subwoofer i can buy from another brand?

also the fx surrrond rear can be mounted to the wall flush by screws/rawl plugs i was wondering what size screws/rawl plugs do i need?

monitoraudio.com/en/…fx/

also would it be possible to mount these in the corner of the wall somehow? with special screws or something?

thanks
Community Updates
AskAudio & Hi-FiSpeaker
8 Comments
You'll get a better response on avforums but no you don't need to stick to the same brand unfortunately i don't have any recommendations though, screw & plug size will depend on what the wall your mounting is made of & the weight of the speaker. Finally you can mount them in the corner of the wall just make some triangle shapes out of 2x2 or 3x2, screw that to the wall then screw the speaker to the wood.
You've already posted on avforums without a response haven't you?
They weigh 3.2kg per speaker so as long as your walls aren't stud partitions you don't need anything special.
bp24111 h, 25 m ago

You'll get a better response on avforums but no you don't need to stick to …You'll get a better response on avforums but no you don't need to stick to the same brand unfortunately i don't have any recommendations though, screw & plug size will depend on what the wall your mounting is made of & the weight of the speaker. Finally you can mount them in the corner of the wall just make some triangle shapes out of 2x2 or 3x2, screw that to the wall then screw the speaker to the wood.

Triangle shapes out of what? Wood . Is there any pre made solutions out there
Yes 2x2 or 3x2 is wood, you may even be able to do it with metal L brackets bent into shape.
Check out the b.k. electronics xls200df for about £350. I would also invest in a pair of side surrounds.
You are certainly going to need a sub. I got some bronze 2s as fronts and they are quite base heavy, but the 1s not so much. Now have bronze 6s at front and 2s at the side. I ended up buying the 6s second hand for cheaper than I got the 2s brand new and they cost 4 times as much normally. Anyway, they are all great speakers and I'm sure you'll be happy with them. Been meaning to get the surround ones to complete because at the moment I'm using some random hifi speakers, but they work well to complete the 7.1 setup.
I would happily go for a different brand for sub and I would follow the manual for where to set the FX speakers, depending on 5.1/7.1 you have them behind or at the side of you and set them to dipole or bipole.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants