Expired

Which supermarket does the best baguettes?

Found 18th Apr 2013
I bought a tiger baguette from Asda recently and it was really nice, but tesco's version left a lot to be desired. So as in title which supermarket does the best baguettes.
Community Updates
Ask
28 Comments
Tesco - Salt and Pepper!
asda, tescos are nice but too thin and morrisons are pathetic
Banned

I made a really great sandwich today, cheese, ham, tomato, a crisp lettuce leaf, garnished with whole grain mustard and coleslaw, all wrapped lovingly in a fresh baguette. Anyway, I left the room, for a few minutes (due to a fairly troublesomes poo) and when I came back in it was gone. I was completely beside myself. I checked the fridge, the microwave, desperately trying to think where I could have put it. I had a look in the oven even though I knew I couldn't have put it there. I went back to the bathroom, tears forming in my eyes (though I maintain that it was from the smell I left in there rather than my emotional trauma) to see if I might have taken it up with me. Next I rushed round my housemates' rooms trying to find a potential thief, or failing that, at least getting some help on my search.

After half an hour of looking I came to a stunning realisation... I could easily have made another sandwich in the time I had spent looking for it.

In a completely unrelated matter, I am still waiting for my hukd keyring.
Original Poster
siwrath

asda, tescos are nice but too thin and morrisons are pathetic

Yeah I agree morrisons one's are a bit naff, but I found tesco's baguette too hollow and overly crusty.
Banned
French ones, actually in France
Original Poster
goldmax

French ones, actually in France

Oui! Tu ne peux vraiment pas être serieux. oO
Banned
DEALofaLifetime

Mange tout et oui et viola !
Banned
DEALofaLifetime

[img]encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgTXGB14BpyDIrj8Jdcoiqs_o21p8jsry9Z4nxqlZMROM2lJPV[/img]
Yes
Which supermarket does the best baguettes?

A very deep and emotive Q which although one has given a great deal of thought to,

I must declare I prefere it when the assistant gets her Baps out............oO
Original Poster
Bumpydog

Yes Which supermarket does the best baguettes?A very deep and emotive Q … Yes Which supermarket does the best baguettes?A very deep and emotive Q which although one has given a great deal of thought to,I must declare I prefere it when the assistant gets her Baps out............oO

Would you rather I have said, and what does one prefer to eat with ones tiddlywinks, opposite the fine shrubrys of a fine summers day in Bethlehem opposite her royal heini dolly the monkey in thy granary.
Yest got me there ................oO
Some lidl do fresh bread baked on the premises, surprisingly nice.
Banned
OP do you like subway?
DEALofaLifetime

Yeah I agree morrisons one's are a bit naff, but I found tesco's baguette … Yeah I agree morrisons one's are a bit naff, but I found tesco's baguette too hollow and overly crusty.

Original Poster
D_G

OP do you like subway?

No, prefer the taxi. oO
Banned
DEALofaLifetime

No, prefer the taxi. oO

They arent bad
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hR7F-MqvRzI/TFLFpNownsI/AAAAAAAAJ60/GqEYtvQGWGs/s400/tax1.bmp
but i thought this thread was about baguettes and things?
I had a Sainsburys Tiger baguette earlier in the week and it was lovely, right consistancy, perfectly crispy around the exterior and only 1 careful owner
Original Poster
maccy1

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac220/thealisaurus/GIF%20Animations/Holmes.gif
Banned
ji29zard

I had a Sainsburys Tiger baguette earlier in the week and it was lovely, … I had a Sainsburys Tiger baguette earlier in the week and it was lovely, right consistancy, perfectly crispy around the exterior and only 1 careful owner

You wanna get that checked out mate.
DEALofaLifetime

http://24.media.tumblr.com/e4f50b80bf782f4a4ccb1b76278687a5/tumblr_mip37miw1U1rmqqbro1_250.gif

X)

D_G

I made a really great sandwich today, cheese, ham, tomato, a crisp … I made a really great sandwich today, cheese, ham, tomato, a crisp lettuce leaf, garnished with whole grain mustard and coleslaw, all wrapped lovingly in a fresh baguette. Anyway, I left the room, for a few minutes (due to a fairly troublesomes poo) and when I came back in it was gone. I was completely beside myself. I checked the fridge, the microwave, desperately trying to think where I could have put it. I had a look in the oven even though I knew I couldn't have put it there. I went back to the bathroom, tears forming in my eyes (though I maintain that it was from the smell I left in there rather than my emotional trauma) to see if I might have taken it up with me. Next I rushed round my housemates' rooms trying to find a potential thief, or failing that, at least getting some help on my search.After half an hour of looking I came to a stunning realisation... I could easily have made another sandwich in the time I had spent looking for it.In a completely unrelated matter, I am still waiting for my hukd keyring.

So, did you find it?
Banned
deeky

So, did you find it?

Ah, apologies. No deeky i didn't, beginning to question if i even made one.
No idea about baguettes but morrisons had an awesome 'tiger paw' bread...five tiger bread rolls baked together into a paw shape!!! :-D
Banned
jennywrenrobin

No idea about baguettes but morrisons had an awesome 'tiger paw' … No idea about baguettes but morrisons had an awesome 'tiger paw' bread...five tiger bread rolls baked together into a paw shape!!! :-D

http://gabrielutasi.com/comic/copyright/gabrielutasi/2007/12/122707theyre_great.gif
goldmax

I'm easily pleased :-)
Morrisons does the best tiger loaf. Tesco's are always hard and tasteless. Dont know about Asda, I try to avoid that shop!
marks and spencer french loaves taste really authentic,not doughy, they have the taste of french bread.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions