Groups

Which telly should i buy?

Hi, my brother has asked me which telly he should buy. He has a 400 pound budget and wants it to be a 40 or 42 inch.

I had a tiny glance on amazon and came up with 2 possabilities in the follow
    amazon.co.uk/Sam…top
    amazon.co.uk/LG-…top

Just wondering if either of these is deffo better than the other, or if there are on better alternatives on the market in his price range.
    Thanks alot

19 Comments

Banned

I would advise searching HUKD but you cant using 'TV'!

Original Poster

20% quidco?

Banned

FiCtioN75

20% quidco?

an unreliable 10% and shocking CS so far according to reviews/ I wouldnt purchase anything expensive from them in case it got a fault

topcashback.co.uk/ret…htm

Edited by: "csiman" 27th Jan 2011

From personal experience as I have one I would avoid samsung.

dc7911

opposite experience form me,love my LED sammy whether their LCDs are worse i couldn't say.

Original Poster

Have to say ive got a Samsung and never had any problems with it. i was just wondering if there was any significant specification differences in the 2 i posted or any or others around which would make them definatly worth buying over the others.

Its not the picture, thats great, its more the sound quality its terrible but as I said my personal experience.

dc7911

Its not the picture, thats great, its more the sound quality its terrible … Its not the picture, thats great, its more the sound quality its terrible but as I said my personal experience.

I have to agree picture is fantastic on our Samsung LCD but inbuilt speakers are absolute garbage, if it wasn't being run through a AV Receiver then it would have gone back. They are Tinny and tend to vibrate at the slightest bass

dc7911

Did you suffer from their timebombed capacitor scam as well?

Oh yes forgot about that, the one that Samsung deny is a widespread fault, yes mine went after about a year.

Original Poster

So most people are in agreement i should opt for the LG in the op?

use reevoo.com as a comparison of criteria and price, and id purchase from a reputable retailer

i think samsungs are great, sound is very good. if u want amazing sound you dont want a tv you want a surround sound system.

look at this site, very good price and very good service. beyondtelevision.co.uk

I have had my samsung fot 5 years, my brother has had his 3 and my parents for 2. no complaints, LG are also very good. I would avoid sony, you pay for the name but get a SHARP tv

i dont see much differnce to be honnest

dcx_badass

I would definitely go for LG, I don't rate Samsung at all.

Original Poster

Ive decided to go with the LG, thanks for your input
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word survey812
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1525
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1518
      4. It was forty years ago today......617

See more discussions