Expired

Which theme parks do you think are best/worst in the UK?

33 replies
Found 23rd Aug 2008
Now the Summer holidays are finishing and we have spent our hard earned cash on entertaining the kids, I thought we could share our experiences so we don't make the same mistakes next year!

I haven't had fun at Legoland- too crowded, long queues.

What about you?

33 Comments

Would be interested in hearing what Drayton Manor is like, I'm taking my 2 year old there on October

Best-Thorpe Park
Worst-Alton Towers. too much queuing
Legoland is more for the younger kiddies

Blackpool pleasure beach is the only one in the UK I have been to but I thought it was great. Has The Pespi Max Big One, Vallhalla and Infusion are all really good!!!

Loved Thorpe Park, food courts were set out well and the queues weren't that long.

Vallhalla is the best theme park ride EVER.

crow99;2810167

Blackpool? Yeh great ride.
Teacups are awesome too...

Legoland = Pants

love drayton manor, loads of rides suitable for kids of all ages, there are no hideously long queues (longest queue probably about an hour on a really busy day). I have 3 kids aged 4, 5 and 13 and they all love it. We had season tickets last year, went loads of times and the kids never got bored

Original Poster

Ritchie 2;2810137

Would be interested in hearing what Drayton Manor is like, I'm taking my … Would be interested in hearing what Drayton Manor is like, I'm taking my 2 year old there on October

have you already got the tickets?

I am asking cos for the last few years THE SUN newspaper have done a collect-the-tokens for theme parks (merlin ones, eg alton towers). They do it just before half term. It allows complete free entry for one adult or child. We collected 4 lots of tokens which got my family of 4 into Alton Towers for free, during half term.

Not sure if Drayton is included, but Alton Towers is not far away, and still loads for a 2 yr old.

Just a thought.....

crow99;2810167

Whats that? Must be newish?

Thorpe Parks is the best...had enough of it now...seing as its right on my door step and had 4 annual passes :-D

Banned

cat74;2810196

love drayton manor, loads of rides suitable for kids of all ages, there … love drayton manor, loads of rides suitable for kids of all ages, there are no hideously long queues (longest queue probably about an hour on a really busy day).

Hmmm! Some people tolerances and definations of whats a long queue is defiantely different to mine!:p

Banned

woodlands is good

blackpeppa;2810205

have you already got the tickets?I am asking cos for the last few years … have you already got the tickets?I am asking cos for the last few years THE SUN newspaper have done a collect-the-tokens for theme parks (merlin ones, eg alton towers). They do it just before half term. It allows complete free entry for one adult or child. We collected 4 lots of tokens which got my family of 4 into Alton Towers for free, during half term.Not sure if Drayton is included, but Alton Towers is not far away, and still loads for a 2 yr old.Just a thought.....

I got 2 adult tickets for £11 through Tesco clubcard vouchers which I thought was fairly good - I think standard entry is something like £20 a head.

Naeem786;2810206

Whats that? Must be newish?

I don't think its that new - been there for at least 5 years. It is like a huge log flume ride indoors

My kid's loved Thomas land in Drayton Manor, spent most of the day in there...
Queues were quite long for the big rides in the park but only about 15 - 20 minutes for the kids rides :thumbsup:
And you've got the zoo, so would recommend it.
I got some Kellogs vouchers of a certain auction site for £2.50 got the kids in free.

DD98;2810239

I don't think its that new - been there for at least 5 years. It is like … I don't think its that new - been there for at least 5 years. It is like a huge log flume ride indoors

Oh that!! Everytime I go its closed? Must be coz im their about 10pm? Went suring day once and was still closed? :oops:

f1stfull;2810246

My kid's loved Thomas land in Drayton Manor, spent most of the day in … My kid's loved Thomas land in Drayton Manor, spent most of the day in there...Queues were quite long for the big rides in the park but only about 15 - 20 minutes for the kids rides :thumbsup:And you've got the zoo, so would recommend it.I got some Kellogs vouchers of a certain auction site for £2.50 got the kids in free.

or use Tesco vouchers:thumbsup:

Vallhalla is at Blackpool a relatively new ride been there the past two times I went.
Love it must have been on it at least a dozen times!

Have a look here @ blackpool PB website. You can see on board videos of a lot of the rides. I would recommend going on The Big One- the first drop is amazing!!

blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/rid…/1/

the worst one by far has to be pleasure islands, it’s just full of the old broken rides from flamingo land, and flamingo land isn’t that good itself

guv;2810218

Hmmm! Some people tolerances and definations of whats a long queue is … Hmmm! Some people tolerances and definations of whats a long queue is defiantely different to mine!:p

I did say on a really busy day, i.e. bank hols and some weekends

you normally only have to queue for 3 rides - shockwave, storm force 10 and g force, average time about 20 mins when i go on weekdays

light water valley is poor,
pleasure island is awesome

ross123540;2810326

the worst one by far has to be pleasure islands, it’s just full of the o … the worst one by far has to be pleasure islands, it’s just full of the old broken rides from flamingo land, and flamingo land isn’t that good itself

i live 15 mins from pleasure island, its great!!

Cluffy321;2810427

light water valley is poor,pleasure island is awesome

I was there yesterday, very poor, not many major rides and not alot for nippers. Flamingo Land is better for me in the North East, drayton manor best overall

Drayton Manor is very good for all and what with Thomas land and the zoo, great at keeping the little ones active.
The down side - Well two things on my part, Smoking was allowed everywhere, rather than in designated areas away from child areas, a major let down for me and also the food areas were a let down, way expensive and felt the eating areas were in desperate need of major facelifts.

i have to defend pleasure island, its all cleethorpes has

Paddy_o_furniture;2810466

I was there yesterday, very poor, not many major rides and not alot for … I was there yesterday, very poor, not many major rides and not alot for nippers. Flamingo Land is better for me in the North East, drayton manor best overall

Cluffy321;2810435

i live 15 mins from pleasure island, its great!!

Cluffy321;2810427

light water valley is poor,pleasure island is awesome

ross123540;2810326

the worst one by far has to be pleasure islands, it’s just full of the o … the worst one by far has to be pleasure islands, it’s just full of the old broken rides from flamingo land, and flamingo land isn’t that good itself

Hope thats cleared it up for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legoland lets itself down with the lack of thought in park layout and queue times.
I waited 1hr 45min to go on the most boring log flume I've ever been on.
You can buy Q-bot to get a specific ride time, for an EXTRA £10 per person.

Go to Blackpool instead, or Crealy in the Westcountry if you have younger kids

Alton Towers is the best theme park in the UK. Basically if you expect to go on the weekend in summer your going to have to Q. If you go may/june a day in the week you will get to go on everything and wait for at most 10-20 mins for things like rita.

Banned

Titchimp;2810626

Alton Towers is the best theme park in the UK. Basically if you expect to … Alton Towers is the best theme park in the UK. Basically if you expect to go on the weekend in summer your going to have to Q. If you go may/june a day in the week you will get to go on everything and wait for at most 10-20 mins for things like rita.

You get to go on Rita, is she any good?

i peed my pants

now i think your gonna know what im gonna say legoland
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!33
    2. Full car respray22
    3. Jd sports22
    4. Paw patrol sea patroller22

See more discussions