Which toothbrush to use?

Posted 28th Jul
Hi all

I currently have an oral b, I believe it’s like a really old model. I’m in the market for a new one as the charge on my one isn’t holding at all anymore, but just wanting to see people’s opinions. I’m willing to spend up to about £60.

I see a lot of views on oral b vs sonicare etc but I’m not sure if there’s a difference. I’m leaning towards oral b as I have spare heads for this, however happy to go with sonicare if it’s better for overall teeth and gum healthcare.

And is it worth spending way £60/£70 or shall I just go with a low end oral B for £20/£30 again as there is not much difference?

What’s people’s thoughts?

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Oral B again, better than any other, no need to spend the extra the rest of the features are more often than not not used.
Edited by: "eslick" 28th Jul
Get one of the ones with the lithium ion batteries, much better than the older model

Like this example
Oral b again, I tried a sonicare and it was nothing like the oral b, they did change the batteries a few years ago.. I think the newer batteries have a letter n on the specs (like 3000n)so you might be able to check
eslick28/07/2020 11:13

Oral B again, better than any other, no need to spend the extra the rest …Oral B again, better than any other, no need to spend the extra the rest of the features are more often than not not used.

This definitley
a666andy28/07/2020 11:30

Get one of the ones with the lithium ion batteries, much better than the …Get one of the ones with the lithium ion batteries, much better than the older modelLike this example

Thanks for the feedback and the suggestion.
No difference really in all the oral b models if you just want it to brush your teeth the cheap ones are fine, travelling case an app etc the more expensive ones.
I've been using Oral B 2500N for over 2 years and dont think i will change to a different brand.
I ignore the newer models that have fancy Bluetooth/display and other gimmicks.
Physically see the brush heads before buying, alot of rip off ones online.
As above If you get another oral-b make sure you get model 2000 or 2500.
They both have same motor as the more expensive versions and have all basics you need, usally around £30
Have you had it over 2 years? Also, as above said, £30 ones will do, however I have the 4000, so that I can stop the annoying timer thing with the brush, using the app.
People spend more than £1 on a toothbrush? jesus.
arjanvirdi28/07/2020 15:49

Have you had it over 2 years? Also, as above said, £30 ones will do, …Have you had it over 2 years? Also, as above said, £30 ones will do, however I have the 4000, so that I can stop the annoying timer thing with the brush, using the app.

Yeh I think I’ve had it about 6/7 years now haha
Frankie7728/07/2020 16:18

People spend more than £1 on a toothbrush? jesus.

I hope this is a joke
Cheers all gonna buy the 2500 as I wouldn’t use the extras on a more expensive one at all.
Frankie7728/07/2020 17:41

Nope.

Manual toothbrushes aren’t as good as electric.

Why do you spend so little?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants