Groups

which tv

looking around for a new tv, have a Samsung 50" around 5 years old never any trouble not smart 3D or even usb slots, good tv just looking for new model, 3d not worried about smart as I have an xbox one and a sat box, links to models looking at in first post

7 Comments

Banned

dougle34

looking around for a new tv, have a Samsung 50" around 5 years old never … looking around for a new tv, have a Samsung 50" around 5 years old never any trouble not smart 3D or even usb slots, good tv just looking for new model, 3d not worried about smart as I have an xbox one and a sat box, links to models looking at in first post

bagsie the old one if we are close.

so why do you want a new TV? 50" too small?

Have you thought about a projector? Can save money and have a 80"+ screen, much better for movies/games and then keep the 50" for tv. That what I do

Original Poster

badasschris

so why do you want a new TV? 50" too small?Have you thought about a … so why do you want a new TV? 50" too small?Have you thought about a projector? Can save money and have a 80"+ screen, much better for movies/games and then keep the 50" for tv. That what I do

just want a newer model the Samsung is only HD ready not full HD all though it has a very good picture, no usb, also would like 3d as the xbox pays 3d blue rays would not have a clue about projectors would need it to connect to my vue solo 2 box and xbox one, do you also have to buy a pull down screen???, I have a large living room with high roof, but too much crap on the walls (sisters stuff)

Original Poster

found a sharp on ebay and in currys, £100 difference cheaper off curys ???
    currys.co.uk/gbu…tml?srcid=369&xtor=AL-1&cmpid=aff~Reevoo~Editorial%20Content&istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istItemId=wxqpwiwal&istBid=t&awc=1599_1419709508_6304699d06706a90b5b59a073e3c0c1a#cat-0

ebay.co.uk/itm…51c

what up there cheaper new than second hand or refurb

dougle34

just want a newer model the Samsung is only HD ready not full HD all … just want a newer model the Samsung is only HD ready not full HD all though it has a very good picture, no usb, also would like 3d as the xbox pays 3d blue rays would not have a clue about projectors would need it to connect to my vue solo 2 box and xbox one, do you also have to buy a pull down screen???, I have a large living room with high roof, but too much crap on the walls (sisters stuff)

if you use to for sound then a projector also needs sound, e.g. Surround sound or a soundbar. Also setting one up is a pain need a screen and then need to put the projector the right height and distance from it. It's a lot of effort but definitely worth it. If that's sounds like too much hassle then I suggest looking at some screens before you decide to buy. I've not looked into TVs for a while but when I used to know all about the latest models Panasonic was at the top with Sony both giving great sound (for a TVs I would suggest considering some external speakers) and picture, Samsung was then next with great picture and then lg. anything else I wasn't interested in. This is just rule of thumb as each brand will have good and bad stuff so I'd check reviews for anything you are considering. It is a lot of work but you will be watching the thing for years, it's worth getting something you will be happy with
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. which drill bit set for bosch cordless drill ixo range? hex?11
      2. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private44
      3. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027

See more discussions