Which TV am I better off with?

Found 27th Jan
Can someone who knows a little about TVs help me please as I’m clueless Moving home in a week and need a new tv, it needs to have Freeview and HD for when I get sky installed. I saw a code on here earlier that is for £20 off TV’s at Tesco so I found a few different options on there, I’m willing to spend up to £260. Can anyone tell me which one would be the better option for me out of these 3 I’ve found:
tesco.com/dir…739

tesco.com/dir…028

tesco.com/dir…787

Any help would be massively appreciated, thank you in advance. Leah Xxxxx
Community Updates
11 Comments
What do you mean by:
it needs to have Freeview and HD for when I get sky installed
All tv's have freeview and HD so your covered
MIDURIX2 h, 34 m ago

What do you mean by:it needs to have Freeview and HD for when I get sky …What do you mean by:it needs to have Freeview and HD for when I get sky installed

I presume she means either an HDMI connection or HD resolution. Either way, both are standard on modern TVs.

All three options linked are cheap unbranded TVs from the same company, UMC of Slovakia:
umc-uk.co.uk/Ins…php

There don't tend to be many professional reviews of budget TVs, or much information from the manufacturers, so it's very difficult to tell how they differ. As this means it's more or less pot luck anyway I would just pick whichever you prefer the look of.
Original Poster
Yes that’s what I meant EndlessWaves 😊 Thank you all for your help, I knew they all have it installed but I don’t know anything about specs and things like that, so I wasn’t sure if any of them were a better choice than the others at all 😊 Xxxxx
leahmaria8910 h, 21 m ago

Yes that’s what I meant EndlessWaves 😊 Thank you all for your help, I k …Yes that’s what I meant EndlessWaves 😊 Thank you all for your help, I knew they all have it installed but I don’t know anything about specs and things like that, so I wasn’t sure if any of them were a better choice than the others at all 😊 Xxxxx

You don't need freeview installed to get Sky. But you would want a Full HD 1080p screen to show it off to maximum effect.
Worth looking at Which? magazine at your local library (if you have one). It lists best buys and some don't buys,and gives reasons for it's recommendations.

Huge differences between brands and between sets from the same brand. Generally Samsung does better than most in their reviews.

Or you could consider the following Which? rec.

"If you're looking for something a little more modest, rather than a huge and heftily priced premium set, this Samsung is one to consider. It doesn't quite make the Best Buy cut-off, but the picture quality and smart-TV system make it worthy of your shortlist."

Samsung UE40MU6120 - Amazon £338.00 delivered is the best price they can find. Or £349 from John Lewis with 2 year guarantee.
Original Poster
MIDURIX28th Jan

You don't need freeview installed to get Sky. But you would want a Full HD …You don't need freeview installed to get Sky. But you would want a Full HD 1080p screen to show it off to maximum effect.

Oh yes I know, the freeview is just so we have something to watch until we get all the sky sorted out 😊 Xxxxx
Original Poster
fuiseog2 h, 6 m ago

Worth looking at Which? magazine at your local library (if you have one). …Worth looking at Which? magazine at your local library (if you have one). It lists best buys and some don't buys,and gives reasons for it's recommendations.Huge differences between brands and between sets from the same brand. Generally Samsung does better than most in their reviews.Or you could consider the following Which? rec."If you're looking for something a little more modest, rather than a huge and heftily priced premium set, this Samsung is one to consider. It doesn't quite make the Best Buy cut-off, but the picture quality and smart-TV system make it worthy of your shortlist."Samsung UE40MU6120 - Amazon £338.00 delivered is the best price they can find. Or £349 from John Lewis with 2 year guarantee.

Unfortunately that would be too expensive for me at the mo, with moving house so suddenly I have the full house to decorate and buy furniture for every room, but thank you anyway Xxxxx
leahmaria895 h, 50 m ago

Oh yes I know, the freeview is just so we have something to watch until we …Oh yes I know, the freeview is just so we have something to watch until we get all the sky sorted out 😊 Xxxxx

I would go with the Technika one. I had a 32" 1080p one years ago and everything inside had Samsung written on, the screen was really good. Blaupunkt one looks a bit fat.
leahmaria895 h, 53 m ago

Unfortunately that would be too expensive for me at the mo, with moving …Unfortunately that would be too expensive for me at the mo, with moving house so suddenly I have the full house to decorate and buy furniture for every room, but thank you anyway Xxxxx

Why not go for a second hand TV? It'd be cheaper and potentially better quality. I'm guessing the cheap new TV is only temporary if you're a big enough watcher to spend £200+ annually on a Sky subscription.
Samsung
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants