Which TV Should I Buy; Samsung UE40J5100 or Sony KDL-40R473A?

Found 16th Sep 2015
Both fit within my budget. I will be using it for gaming (Xbox One). I was thinking of going for SAMSUNG as their panels seems to be top notch. Better picture quality?
Community Updates
AskSamsungSony
11 Comments
I prefer Samsung over Sony
mutley1

I prefer Samsung over Sony

Any reasons why?
imagineS

Any reasons why?

I think they are better built. Sony used to be great for electronics but they aren't the market leader anymore.
Sony every time, especially for gaming. Usually much lower input lag.
I have a Sony TV and a Samsung both are really good but if you want to watch free films on your smart TV Sony block them.
Hmmm. Might go with SAMSUNG seen as I will be getting rid of my PS4 in favour for the Xbox One :P
If its mainly for gaming, you'll regret getting the samsung! look at the specs for lag!
Just been researching the Sony TV has imput lag of 48ms and Samsung 28ms
Update I have gone for the SAMSUNG. It's arriving Saturday. Anybody wants to know about the picture quality and sound or anything else let me know
ImagineS,

I am thinking of buying that one for the blackfriday, I´ve seen it has really low input lag so must be nice, and doesnt have Smart TV (I dont care ) Is everything ok for gaming??? Thank you!!!
kirtash17

ImagineS,I am thinking of buying that one for the blackfriday, I´ve seen … ImagineS,I am thinking of buying that one for the blackfriday, I´ve seen it has really low input lag so must be nice, and doesnt have Smart TV (I dont care ) Is everything ok for gaming??? Thank you!!!

I had that SAMSUNG TV it's very good in terms picture quality and good for gaming. Has Game Mode which helps disable all that unnecessary filters for motion, noise etc. I used for with my PS4 and had no problems.

Also use this guide to tweak picture settings;
wololo.net/201…63/
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants