Which TV Should I Buy; Samsung UE40J5100 or Sony KDL-40R473A?

Found 16th Sep 2015
Both fit within my budget. I will be using it for gaming (Xbox One). I was thinking of going for SAMSUNG as their panels seems to be top notch. Better picture quality?

11 Comments

I prefer Samsung over Sony

Original Poster

mutley1

I prefer Samsung over Sony

Any reasons why?

imagineS

Any reasons why?

I think they are better built. Sony used to be great for electronics but they aren't the market leader anymore.

Sony every time, especially for gaming. Usually much lower input lag.

I have a Sony TV and a Samsung both are really good but if you want to watch free films on your smart TV Sony block them.

Original Poster

Hmmm. Might go with SAMSUNG seen as I will be getting rid of my PS4 in favour for the Xbox One :P

If its mainly for gaming, you'll regret getting the samsung! look at the specs for lag!

Original Poster

Just been researching the Sony TV has imput lag of 48ms and Samsung 28ms

Original Poster

Update I have gone for the SAMSUNG. It's arriving Saturday. Anybody wants to know about the picture quality and sound or anything else let me know

ImagineS,

I am thinking of buying that one for the blackfriday, I´ve seen it has really low input lag so must be nice, and doesnt have Smart TV (I dont care ) Is everything ok for gaming??? Thank you!!!

Original Poster

kirtash17

ImagineS,I am thinking of buying that one for the blackfriday, I´ve seen … ImagineS,I am thinking of buying that one for the blackfriday, I´ve seen it has really low input lag so must be nice, and doesnt have Smart TV (I dont care ) Is everything ok for gaming??? Thank you!!!

I had that SAMSUNG TV it's very good in terms picture quality and good for gaming. Has Game Mode which helps disable all that unnecessary filters for motion, noise etc. I used for with my PS4 and had no problems.

Also use this guide to tweak picture settings;
wololo.net/201…63/
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions