which tv to buy

hi i am looking to purchase a samsung 32 tv. i found this one in the deals section -
hotukdeals.com/ite…ta/
it looks good as it has 10000 : 1 contrast.
but i was looking for one that already comes with gurantee - are there any better deals out there and should i wait a bit more till the full summer sale kicks in.
thanks

4 Comments

that's a good deal, all new TVs come with at least 1 yr guarantee, best bet is to get John Lewis to price match - you get free 5 years guarantee

Yes, been looking at this one too. Seems to get reviews for the price.

Tech things are always coming down in price so I buy when I need and then stop looking at prices!

Looking at the connectivity, that seems to be the biggest issue for me after quality. I want to hook up the following with best quality connections:

Wii (I have composite and component cables)
Xbox 360 (non HDMI version, I have VGA cable and component)
DVD (SCART)
Sky box (currently SCART but maybe another cable works which I could get).

The Samsung TV has the following connections
2 x SCART ( 21 PIN SCART ) - rear
2 x HDMI ( 19 pin HDMI Type A ) - rear
1 x component video input ( RCA phono x 3 ) - rear
1 x VGA input ( 15 PIN HD D-Sub (HD-15) ) - rear
1 x audio line-out - rear
1 x digital audio input (optical) ( TOS Link ) - rear
1 x HDMI ( 19 pin HDMI Type A ) - side
1 x S-Video input ( 4 PIN mini-DIN ) - side
1 x composite video input ( RCA phono ) - side
1 x headphones ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm ) - side

Hmmm.... need to think how this can be done..

AugQX;2517938

that's a good deal, all new TVs come with at least 1 yr guarantee, best … that's a good deal, all new TVs come with at least 1 yr guarantee, best bet is to get John Lewis to price match - you get free 5 years guarantee

Out of stock at John Lewis though and a slightly different model number from what I can find johnlewis.com/230…spx

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;2518030

Out of stock at John Lewis though and a slightly different model number … Out of stock at John Lewis though and a slightly different model number from what I can find http://www.johnlewis.com/230476257/Product.aspx

i rang john lewis and was told they will be getting more in stock by 21/07. however by that time the ones in dixons will be out of stock.. what to do?
anymore shops that do price match and free gurantee?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763817
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414214047
    3. GOT Leaks again312
    4. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…66

See more discussions