Which V-brake pads for bike?

Found 1st Oct 2017
I need to buy 4 brake pads for my bike and note that there are a few makes as well as unbranded products.

Anyone know much about these and can advise on which brand to buy that is value or not to worry about brand at all?
Community Updates
Ask
2 Comments
I've bought some off aliexpress which were about 90p delivered a pair. They appear to be the same quality as those you would buy in the uk for retail at between £2.99-£4.99 depending on store. However they are not as good as the premium branded pads. I guess they are the same type of pads you would get on low end bikes. Probably same as shop brand pads, halfords, btwin etc. I guess some would argue that you shouldn't go cheap on brake pads though.
bonzobanana2 h, 51 m ago

I've bought some off aliexpress which were about 90p delivered a pair. …I've bought some off aliexpress which were about 90p delivered a pair. They appear to be the same quality as those you would buy in the uk for retail at between £2.99-£4.99 depending on store. However they are not as good as the premium branded pads. I guess they are the same type of pads you would get on low end bikes. Probably same as shop brand pads, halfords, btwin etc. I guess some would argue that you shouldn't go cheap on brake pads though.

i ended up buying 'fibrax' from an amazon seller, £2.49 for two pairs. there are so many out there, it is difficult to choose, of all different prices. i read all the reviews, which i know is not gospel as they can be fake reviews, especially on amazon site, but these were great. they work really well but the nuts were a bit thicker than my original 'promax' pads, so i just kept the promax nuts and just use the new pad.

i have only used them about 20 times or so, therefore i can not yet vouch for their longevity, but they looked decent and still working at the moment i will have a look at aliexpress ones when i next need some.

i have never changed the brakes on my bike before as my husband used to take it to the bike shop and get them serviced, but i thought, how difficult can it be to change brake pads on a bike, and i was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to do. so result
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants