Which Wall Charger should I use?

Found 19th Jan 2015
We have 4 devices in the house. Not sure which single wall charger is suited for all devices

Devices
Ipad 2 (Battery Capacity 6930 mAh)
Samsung Tab 3 8" (4450 mAh)
Moto G (2070 mAh)
ZTE Blade Q (1500 mAh)

Wall Charger (All have 100-240V and 50-60Hz)
Ipad (Input 0.45A, Output 5.1V, 2.1A)
Samsung Tab (Input 0.35A, Output 5.0V, 2.0A)
ZTE (Input 0.25A, Output 5.0V, 1.0A)

Which one should I look for?, Input Amp or Output Watts?.
Community Updates
AskCharger
8 Comments
alishaikh

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/anker-40w-5-port-desktop-charger-15-99-fulfilled-amazon-2119974

I am not looking to buy one. I want to make use of one of the above. Can I just use the Apple Wall charger for all devices?
The higher the output, the faster they will charge. I'd give the 1.0A one a miss, as that would take 7 years to charge the iPAD.
Bobbajob

The higher the output, the faster they will charge. I'd give the 1.0A one … The higher the output, the faster they will charge. I'd give the 1.0A one a miss, as that would take 7 years to charge the iPAD.

OK, iPad charger has 10W output so I can use that. Will it affect if I use the same charger for ZTE phone as well?

Does the higher output affect the device?
The device will only draw the current it needs, so a phone that can only draw 1A would only draw 1A even if connected to the iPad charger which can supply 2A.

Power is current x voltage.

So 5.1 x 2.1 = 10.7W (rounded down to 10W).
Bobbajob

The device will only draw the current it needs, so a phone that can only … The device will only draw the current it needs, so a phone that can only draw 1A would only draw 1A even if connected to the iPad charger which can supply 2A.Power is current x voltage. So 5.1 x 2.1 = 10.7W (rounded down to 10W).

Thanks again, I have one more charger (supplied with Osprey Mifi) Input 0.5A Output 5.0V, 2.0A. This has more input, does it matter?
raj75

Thanks again, I have one more charger (supplied with Osprey Mifi) Input … Thanks again, I have one more charger (supplied with Osprey Mifi) Input 0.5A Output 5.0V, 2.0A. This has more input, does it matter?

It just means it's less efficient.

It requires more current in to make the same output.

I don't think you can go far wrong with the iPad charger.
Bobbajob

It just means it's less efficient.It requires more current in to make the … It just means it's less efficient.It requires more current in to make the same output.I don't think you can go far wrong with the iPad charger.

Thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions