which walls to paint in a biggish living room?

Found 17th Feb 2015
Hi.... here goes, been wanting to re decorate for a while now but not sure what walls to paint and wallpaper? At the moment I have two side walls and back wall magnolia, chimney breast wallpapered and my two alcoves painted. Hoping for some new ideas. Do I wallpaper all the wall on the chimney breast side and do the two alcoves? and paint the back wall? Any ideas people I know it sounds stupid but im just wondering whats in at the moment. many thanks

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
AskPaint
13 Comments
Original Poster
Too add its my living room xx
Everyone has different tastes, Try google images and search for something like " Decoration Ideas ", Or " Wallpaper " etc.. You'll find something you like.
Original Poster
shauneco

Everyone has different tastes, Try google images and search for something … Everyone has different tastes, Try google images and search for something like " Decoration Ideas ", Or " Wallpaper " etc.. You'll find something you like.

. lol thanks for replying I've googled ideas but still not sure I thought an opinion from somebody would help me better, they look like show homes on Google
It's easier to paint in the corners, Paper the other 3 walls ;).
Original Poster
shauneco

It's easier to paint in the corners, Paper the other 3 walls ;).

thank you for your ideas it all helps xx
miss87

thank you for your ideas it all helps xx

I want pics of before and after lol.
I have my chimney breast wallpapered and the wall opposite papered, then I've painted the other walls to match, I used a slate grey kind of colour, I wasn't sure what it would look like but I'm glad I did it, it looks really nice and ties in well with the black,grey & silver striped wallpaper and I have purple curtains and ornaments etc which go well with the grey.
Original Poster
shauneco

I want pics of before and after lol.

lol I'll crack on then
If you paper both opposite walls this can make the room look smaller so I'd go for either the whole breast wall papered including alcoves and the rest painted or paper just the breast/alcoves (not both) and the opposite wall
Personally I wouldn't use wall paper anywhere it's kind of old fashioned. All your walls need to be perfect and flat for a more modern look. Might need re skimming if it's papered now- I just use good quality paint and feature wall paint. This might not be ideal if you haven't got much money because of the plastering work.
If you have to paper somewhere just paper the entire chimney Brest wall.
Grey is very fashionable right now but my living room is brown.
paper you chimney wall an alcoves, your too side walls paint in a lighter colour an your back wall paint in a similar colour to the wallpaper
Original Poster
Thank you everyone, going out to get the paint and wallpaper will update xx
If the walls are in good condition just paint them. If their are cracks then 'paper over them'.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions