Which washing machine shall I go for? LG or Hotpoint

Found 29th May 2017
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

or

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

or would you recommend something else. needs to be 9kg plus

edit: i also have a £40 off voucher LKA40A (feel free to use it)
Community Updates
21 Comments
Personally, I would go with the LG.
me and my mother in law both have lgs she has had hers 15 yrs and only just on its way out I've had mine nearly 6 and all is good
I'd go for the LG only because of the Five-year manufacturer’s guarantee it comes with. They are both very similar to each other.
My new hotpoint broke within a month, I completely lost faith in them and paid the extra for a Samsung
Hotpoint washing machine reliability has always been questionable. I would personally try LG.
Definitely not hotpoint washing machine, no no no lol. Had 3. All broke with same problem. LG all the way. I currently have a whirlpool, bought before they took over hotpoint but next for me would be LG or Samsung.
Poppyj1

I'd go for the LG only because of the Five-year manufacturer’s guarantee i … I'd go for the LG only because of the Five-year manufacturer’s guarantee it comes with. They are both very similar to each other.

I agree but I believe the standard LG warranty is 2 years but higher end models are usually it is extended by a further 2/3 years .
100% LG.
I've had the LG you've linked to for a couple of months now. It looks good, it's easy to use, very quiet compared to my last thunderous machine. 5yr warranty on the machine and 10yr on the motor. Very pleased so far.
+1 for the LG
I have the lg washing machine except its in white. Cracking machine until it flooded and ruined my 5 month old kitchen floor.

Turns out it wasn't put together properly in the factory! Yes it may or may not be a one off but lg customer service is absolutely appalling.

I would still got for lg over hotpoint, have had many hotpoints and my last one broke down at 8 months old. Couldn't be repaired so I was refunded.
I would be temted to go for this and the extended warranty hotukdeals.com/dea…670 . John Lewis will look after you.
I know generally more expensive but I have learnt to always buy German appliances - generally last much longer and perform better.

Bosch as a starter, Siemens, AEG or Miele if the budget stretches.
Btw. John lewis own brand are Bosch.
Lg or Bosch are both excellent machines. Had my Bosch for 5 years and have only needed new brushes recently. 2 loads most days.
marty-401

Btw. John lewis own brand are Bosch.

John Lewis own brand are actually made by AEG, not Bosch. Unless they've recently changed this.
Lg had ours for over 15 years before getting a new one. Only probs we had initially were thAt the minimum wash was over an hour. Check the wash cycles length of time before buying.
Hotpoint is owned by indesit which aren't too reliable. Old Hotpoint washers used to be good back in the day though. Go for LG definitely!
preecey

John Lewis own brand are actually made by AEG, not Bosch. Unless they've … John Lewis own brand are actually made by AEG, not Bosch. Unless they've recently changed this.

I was told this by one of their sales reps about 18 months ago, he may have been wrong. AEG are part of the Electrolux group ...... Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire.
I'd go for the LG due to the longer warranty but I would check the wording to see if they would replace old for new if the drum failed or just partly refund you due to wear and tear.
The warrantys a load of rubbish with LG, mine has just broken again and even though under warranty have been told that i will need to get it repaired and then they will reimburse me. The motor has gone with a big puff of smoke. ill be buying a samsung this time
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants