Which WD External Hard Drive Is The Best For A Desktop PC?

Found 21st Nov 2017
Hi, I'm looking to get a new 4TB (or more) WD External Hard Drive from Amazon this Black Friday week and was wondering which one will be best for my Windows 10 PC. It will always be connected to the PC, I wont be disconnecting it and using it on other devices so will the 'My Book' be better for my need than the 'My Passport' for example? Or will it not make a difference?
It will be used to store movies & music etc.

Here are the options I've been looking at-
amazon.co.uk/Wes…6A/
amazon.co.uk/Wes…Z0/
amazon.co.uk/Wes…7Q/

Please feel free to sugest others preferably from WD as to my experiance they seem the most reliable.

Thanks if you can help.
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
If you are never going to connect this to any other pc etc then why not buy an internal hard drive and fit it inside your pc?

You would get faster speeds that way!
Original Poster
karlypants21 m ago

If you are never going to connect this to any other pc etc then why not …If you are never going to connect this to any other pc etc then why not buy an internal hard drive and fit it inside your pc? You would get faster speeds that way!

Thanks for the reply... I have a large internal drive, I want an external one for backing up/storing movies etc
In your usage they would all be identical, the My Passport is powered from the USB port which means the cable is much shorter than the plug into the wall My Book and Elements ones, so depending where you are going to put the hard drive in relation to the computer that maybe something to consider.
Edited by: "redflash" 21st Nov 2017
Original Poster
redflash11 h, 28 m ago

In your usage they would all be identical, the My Passport is powered from …In your usage they would all be identical, the My Passport is powered from the USB port which means the cable is much shorter than the plug into the wall My Book and Elements ones, so depending where you are going to put the hard drive in relation to the computer that maybe something to consider.

Thanks for the reply friend
I have ordered the My Passport from Amazon as it was on offer for £99.99. It will be sitting on top of my mid-sized tower desktop PC so hopefully the cable will be long enough for that.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions