Which wi fi booster for a ASUS RT-AC68U Wireless Router

Found 27th Aug 2017
As above,need advice for a wi fi extender to use on the above router.I need better signal into my garden as at present its about 1 bar signal strenght on phone when out in rear garden and I need more, what would you buy to give better wi fi coverage as main router is installed at front of house and too much hassle to place more central in home Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
I use this Netgear product for the exact same reason, poor wireless in the garden. Has never let me down, I know it's expensive but they work. amazon.co.uk/NET…c=1

Netgear also do another model which is just under £54 with 10% promo on Amazon. amazon.co.uk/NET…4BC
Edited by: "AirbusA380" 27th Aug 2017
AirbusA38015 m ago

I use this Netgear product for the exact same reason, poor wireless in the …I use this Netgear product for the exact same reason, poor wireless in the garden. Has never let me down, I know it's expensive but it works.NETGEAR Nighthawk 11AC 2200 Mbps X4 Dual Band Wi-Fi wall plug Range Extender (Wi-Fi Booster) (EX7300-100UKS) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B019DBR0D6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_eSVOzb2GHJF1CNetgear also do another model which is just under £54 on Amazon. NETGEAR 11AC 1900 Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender Essentials Edition with MU-MIMO Technology (Wi-Fi Booster) (EX6400-100UKS) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GV504BC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_dWVOzbS3Z62KF

Your links do not work....
Original Poster
Yes cant connect says error
Links updated.
Original Poster
Big thanks but looking for something on the cheap ,first link is the same price as my router
I got these for the conservatory they are not the fastest but it increased the speeds from about 1mbps to 30mbps though this is quite a bit less than the 200mbps I get at the router.

Link
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 27th Aug 2017
Dannyrobbo1 m ago

I got these for the conservatory they are not the fastest but it increased …I got these for the conservatory they are not the fastest but it increased the speeds from about 1mbps to 30mbps though this is quite a bit less than the 200mbps I get at the router.Link

I get the full speed of my BT broadband of 74mbps through mine.
AirbusA3805 m ago

I get the full speed of my BT broadband of 74mbps through mine.

I don't know why mine are slow then, in theory they should be capable of 300mbps but those powerline with wifi I'm only getting 30mbps.
Dannyrobbo6 m ago

I don't know why mine are slow then, in theory they should be capable of …I don't know why mine are slow then, in theory they should be capable of 300mbps but those powerline with wifi I'm only getting 30mbps.

I never had much luck with powerline wifi adapters. I had some TP-Link and was only getting about 10mbps over wifi but 50mbps over Ethernet, decided to send them back to Amazon and got the Netgear instead.
Boosters/extenders/repeaters do not work.

Use WiFi Powerline adaptors
AirbusA38015 m ago

I never had much luck with powerline wifi adapters. I had some TP-Link and …I never had much luck with powerline wifi adapters. I had some TP-Link and was only getting about 10mbps over wifi but 50mbps over Ethernet, decided to send them back to Amazon and got the Netgear instead.

30mbps should more than do it for streaming I just thought they'd be faster
Got some dead spots in this house , I use some of these and works well .

Click
Put an access point in your attic. Once you get past all the brickwork you can amazing range on your wifi signal.
Original Poster
Thanks all for the advice will check them out
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions