Groups

which WiFi outdoor camera with sd card

I'm after a WiFi outdoor camera something like the nest cam but with a recording facility. I want to be about to access it via my mobile and have motion alerts. any advice on which camera would be greatly appreciated.

4 Comments

I'm not going to recommend any particular model but just search on Amazon for outdoor IP camera. Most have an SD slot but I find this to be a pointless feature as wireless cam's can be configured to save recordings to a local NAS box or Cloud storage, mine goes to my NAS and Dropbox. I find foscam and wansview to be decent brands but there are hundreds of 'clones' with the same functions. Find one with minimum 720p and wide angle lens (3.8mm or less)

I have two of these From Amazon and they work a treat , i also have two internal cams But in white and they also work a treat but dont buy a Micro SD Card for each cam , Just buy one Of these with a 128GB SD Card to view all you cams

Original Poster

japes

I'm not going to recommend any particular model but just search on Amazon … I'm not going to recommend any particular model but just search on Amazon for outdoor IP camera. Most have an SD slot but I find this to be a pointless feature as wireless cam's can be configured to save recordings to a local NAS box or Cloud storage, mine goes to my NAS and Dropbox. I find foscam and wansview to be decent brands but there are hundreds of 'clones' with the same functions. Find one with minimum 720p and wide angle lens (3.8mm or less)

​cheers for the info. will look into it

123ZAN

I'm after a WiFi outdoor camera something like the nest cam but with a … I'm after a WiFi outdoor camera something like the nest cam but with a recording facility. I want to be about to access it via my mobile and have motion alerts. any advice on which camera would be greatly appreciated.

If looking for PTZ, consider option from around £59 delivered ex-UK that has all the features you mention and which was discussed within one "ask" HUKD thread and later via a deal thread. Poster of the deal thread seems confident the item is "full HD". Item said to not be supplied with microSD card but mine came with an 8GB microSD branded Kingston.
    hotukdeals.com/ask…247
    hotukdeals.com/dea…370
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Why do people scam on Gumtree?33
      2. Anyone tried the Tyrells website for the mini competition?11
      3. A mini break to Edinburgh - recommendations for recommendations/area etc!46
      4. Anything better than allcast?33

See more discussions