Groups
    EXPIRED

Which wine to buy please?

I need to buy a mixture of red, white and rose wines, I don't drink so haven't a clue what to buy, they're for teachers, caretakers, lollipop lady etc so not looking anything expensive, no more than £5 a bottle!

Thanks

20 Comments

Barefoot White Zinfandel (rose) is gorgeous. I sometimes like their white, too (Moscato) but that's way sweeter so not to everyobody's taste. Their Shiraz is nice, too, but again, I think rose would be the safest choice.

ETA: I don't know about your child's school but at my school we don't expect any presents from the pupils, a card is more than enough. Some children bring in chocolates which too is a lovely gesture.

Edited by: "MissyTrouble" 12th Dec 2014

You don't have to buy a mixture. This is all you need, a prize winner. aldi.co.uk/en/…oc/

Lidl best quality for European wines on a budget.

Avoid Morrisons

blossom hill white zinfandal (rose) its around £5 a bottle, most people like it as well

michellefd21

blossom hill white zinfandal (rose) its around £5 a bottle, most people … blossom hill white zinfandal (rose) its around £5 a bottle, most people like it as well

If you like blossom hill you should try barefoot, Michelle. So much nicer!

we seen to buy a lot of casillero del Diablo Chile red or white

norville555

we seen to buy a lot of casillero del Diablo Chile red or white

If you like this Wine best place to buy it is normally Makro - as they often have a 6 bottle case of one - or sometimes the mixed case - on special.

go for rose or pino grigio. theyre both very popular. prosecco is too. I'd buy blue nun tho!! its retro, funny, cheap and surprisingly yummy.

Pedro Jimenez from lidl,usually under £4

RupertBear

If you like this Wine best place to buy it is normally Makro - as they … If you like this Wine best place to buy it is normally Makro - as they often have a 6 bottle case of one - or sometimes the mixed case - on special.

nice one , cheers

MissyTrouble

If you like blossom hill you should try barefoot, Michelle. So much nicer!

I shall try that one thanks, i like any wine hehe

IamMT

Lidl best quality for European wines on a budget.

Whoever is voting cold doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. Great selection in Lidls.

this is ok. first came out at asda at 6 now £3.99 at tesco tesco.com/gro…066
    Edited by: "michellefd21" 12th Dec 2014

Labrini

Where do you buy the barefoot brand?

Original Poster

MissyTrouble

Barefoot White Zinfandel (rose) is gorgeous. I sometimes like their … Barefoot White Zinfandel (rose) is gorgeous. I sometimes like their white, too (Moscato) but that's way sweeter so not to everyobody's taste. Their Shiraz is nice, too, but again, I think rose would be the safest choice.ETA: I don't know about your child's school but at my school we don't expect any presents from the pupils, a card is more than enough. Some children bring in chocolates which too is a lovely gesture.

Hi, thanks for replying, I took my daughter out of school in P4 and moved her to another school, they have been so nice to her, making her feel very welcome as if she's been there from P1 so I just want to get them a gift to say thanks

michellefd21

I shall try that one thanks, i like any wine hehe

A girl after my own heart!

pud55

Where do you buy the barefoot brand?

I buy it in Bargain Booze or Tesco

cookie_monster28

Hi, thanks for replying, I took my daughter out of school in P4 and moved … Hi, thanks for replying, I took my daughter out of school in P4 and moved her to another school, they have been so nice to her, making her feel very welcome as if she's been there from P1 so I just want to get them a gift to say thanks

Thats very kind of you and it's lovely to hear that your daughter has had such a warm welcome! Hope the staff enjoy the prezzies

I love Barefoot wines, often at Home Bargains for around £3.99 (usually £6-7 in the supermarkets). Their Merlot red wine is lovely and my favourites are the Moscatos (there's red, white, pink varieties) as I prefer sweeter wines. All of the Barefoot wines are well regarded for their price.
    Edited by: "louiselouise" 12th Dec 2014
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…11
      2. Cheapest way to call landline, UK to Ireland78
      3. Any now tv entertainment offers going on???11
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?914

See more discussions