Groups

which Xiaomi PHone

Like the look of the note 3 pro? is the redmi 4 pro any better? im on BT mobile so i dont think band 20 is an issue? but i would like global OTA updates? really any advise on these phones would be appreciated

25 Comments

note 3 pro most likely better due to snapdragon SoC. I was in the same predicament recently but instead went for the Mi5 (grabbed it on ebay for £145). Great spec, only difference is screen size at 5.15" rather than 5.5" on the note.

Original Poster

interesting had been reading the build quality on the 4 was better than the 3?

clnmckec

interesting had been reading the build quality on the 4 was better than … interesting had been reading the build quality on the 4 was better than the 3?

Even if it's slightly better, the 3 should give better battery life and more 3rd party developer support.

Original Poster

thanks for the reply isnt the capicity of the 4 higher than 3? im not that fussed about 3rd party? glad i asked now as i was edging closer to the 4 but 3 seems more popular?

I got a Redmi 3s prime for Christmas(global edition), and I'd highly recommend it if you prefer a smaller form factor.

My intention was to install Cyanogenmod when a stable release came out. But I'm perfectly happy with Nova launcher's ability to give me close to stock android, so I'm not going to bother changing OS.

Battery life is amazing, camera is decent, and the phone is snappy. (previous phone was a moto g 4g)

clnmckec

thanks for the reply isnt the capicity of the 4 higher than 3? im not … thanks for the reply isnt the capicity of the 4 higher than 3? im not that fussed about 3rd party? glad i asked now as i was edging closer to the 4 but 3 seems more popular?

The 3 is the most popular it seems but the 4 is quite new. Qualcomm chipsets are more efficient usually. The 4 doesn't have bad battery life!
    Edited by: "rev6" 31st Dec 2016

Original Poster

nice one appreciate time taken to reply,, seems the 3 international version is hard to get at the cheaper price now.. any of you guys got links for cheapest current price? probs going to purchase tomorrow so again if anyone favours the 4 let me know also

I have redmi note 3 global edition. great battery life, better 4g support. camera isn't great but adequate and prefer snapdragon processor to mediatek. great phone for the price.

Original Poster

geekbuying.com/ite…tml this the redmi4 pro and has a snapdragon?

clnmckec

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Redmi-4-Pro-3GB-32GB-Smartphone---Gold-373909.html this the redmi4 pro and has a snapdragon?

Yes, 5" display though, is that what you want?

clnmckec

nice one appreciate time taken to reply,, seems the 3 international … nice one appreciate time taken to reply,, seems the 3 international version is hard to get at the cheaper price now.. any of you guys got links for cheapest current price? probs going to purchase tomorrow so again if anyone favours the 4 let me know also

​think they were thinking about the NOTE 4 which as it has a mediatek chipset it's seen as a lesser choice to the NOTE 3.

the redmi 4 pro is a 5" phone whereas the notes are 5.5".

I've just bought the note 3 international with band 20.

the 5" phones are great and I was torn between the 4 pro and the note 3 int. but for me, even on three, the fact the phone can work on any network if I switch was a better choice.

both the 4 pro and the note 3 are great, you'll do well with either.

there is apparently a note 4x which comes with a snapdragon chipset which may come very shortly if you can hold out.

Xiaomi Mi Max currently £147.50

Original Poster

the mi max is surely too big for day to day use? im guessing 5.5 would probs be just about right i currently have the p8 haewei but screen just cracked hence fancy a new phone...
    the 4 pro is deffo snapdragon so i guess its between that and the note 3

mi max is fine .. it's my everyday use phone. yes some people's first reaction is... it's a tablet .. but it does what I want it to do and it's fine to hold. fits in my pockets all fine... and you get used to the size really fast.. I wouldn't go back to 5.5 if I can help it

Original Poster

cheers mate ill maybe go into a phone shop see if i can see a similar sized handset and see how it feels/

Original Poster

i still think the 4 pro at around £110 could be the better shout? lol but genuinly appreciate folk taking time to reply

clnmckec

i still think the 4 pro at around £110 could be the better shout? lol … i still think the 4 pro at around £110 could be the better shout? lol but genuinly appreciate folk taking time to reply

The 4 Pro looks really good for the price. If you want a 5" display phone, it looks to be a winner.

Check out some vids on YouTube, here's one that I watched. I'm seriously considering getting one myself. It receives raving reviews, being compared to phones well up there.

youtube.com/wat…g74

Original Poster

cheers mate i just think its just too big but im now back thinking 5.5 is just about right

clnmckec

cheers mate i just think its just too big but im now back thinking 5.5 … cheers mate i just think its just too big but im now back thinking 5.5 is just about right

​if you're worried about size and don't care for band 20 then maybe the 4 pro is better. I'll post a note 3 Vs my current Moto x play in a sec. it's a bit of a beast.

Original Poster

decided to stick with the huwaei for another couple of months the crack isnt that bad i suppose

krishna18388

note 3 pro most likely better due to snapdragon SoC. I was in the same … note 3 pro most likely better due to snapdragon SoC. I was in the same predicament recently but instead went for the Mi5 (grabbed it on ebay for £145). Great spec, only difference is screen size at 5.15" rather than 5.5" on the note.

​I can't find the mi5 for £145, is it possible for you to share a link? Would be a great buy at that price

Way to decisive for me

huzaif

​I can't find the mi5 for £145, is it possible for you to share a link? Wo … ​I can't find the mi5 for £145, is it possible for you to share a link? Would be a great buy at that price

It was from a Chinese seller on Ebay. Looks like he has put the price up to £220. :S... maybe I was just lucky.

Its shipped and most likely will take a few weeks to get here, lets see what turns up!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. DVD storage33
      2. Iphone 7 - What Case?614
      3. Jury service1721
      4. Getting Student Beams account without being a student11

See more discussions