Found 17th Mar 2010
I was in a car accident in January, the car is fixed after 2 attempts by just car clinic but I'm not! When it first happened I had severe back, neck, shoulder pain, spasms in my hands and numbness down my arm. After nearly 2 months of physio and severe pain I found out yesterday that I'm going to need surgery to fix the torn ligaments in my shoulder. Does anyone know roughly how much compensation I'm likely to get?
Thanks in advance.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
23 Comments

lmao!!!

Omg....

Banned

what the ads dont tell you

awarded 5000, you actually get 150 quid, after years of messing about and thousands of pages of forms

200million will that suffice

who actually says your gonna get any?

Banned

ye sound that screwed up how did u type this thread?

have you got a like guide dog that does it?

not a blind mans guide dog more a cabbaged mans dog

Ask your abulance chasing solicitor....or click here.]http//ww…MYg

I find it hard to believe that someone with those injuries managed to not get the car written off. There is no way the car would be repairable with that list.

Original Poster

Yeah thanks for that obviously a bunch of legal/medical experts! Let's just hope none of you are ever in a serious car crash and looking for a bit of FRIENDLY advice. Laughing at someone needing an operation, where's your compassion? Guess it's true what they say on here, all the abuse you get it's not worth posting anything!

Banned

tinks404;8135314

Yeah thanks for that obviously a bunch of legal/medical experts! Let's … Yeah thanks for that obviously a bunch of legal/medical experts! Let's just hope none of you are ever in a serious car crash and looking for a bit of FRIENDLY advice. Laughing at someone needing an operation, where's your compassion? Guess it's true what they say on here, all the abuse you get it's not worth posting anything!

Are you using voice recognition to write that? Compensation is based on loss of earnings, if you haven't been off work then you get squat. If you're using your hands to type then I'm guessing your condition isn't all that serious.

I know someone who got £5000 but it took years to get it. It all depends on loss of earnings pain and suffering etc it isn't just a case of wanting compenasation and getting it. Every case is different and until the true extent of injuries continuing physio etc it would be hard to work out just what you are entitled to.

To get any signifficent sum you will be looking at been in and out of work for years with intensive physio sessions.

You guys really have no idea. Do you think that pain has to be constant, entirely debilitating, and plainly visible to be valid? Come on. No, I don't have a great deal of love for this compensation culture either, but the least we can offfer is a little sympathy. Peraps if any of you had tried living with pain, you'd have a tad more empathy here.

Tinks, I don't know how much you're likely to get. A friend with less severe injuries walked away with £2k, although I don't know how much effort he had to put into that. I'll ask him who he used, if you like. In any case, have a big bag of my best wishes. Hope it gets better before too long.

Original Poster

Thanks guys, main reason I was asking is because I'm worried about how I'm going to pay my mortgage and bills when i'm off work for the operation. At least if i might get some compensation I can borrow the money until it's settled. Thanks again.

Banned

tinks404;8135722

Thanks guys, main reason I was asking is because I'm worried about how … Thanks guys, main reason I was asking is because I'm worried about how I'm going to pay my mortgage and bills when i'm off work for the operation. At least if i might get some compensation I can borrow the money until it's settled. Thanks again.

as already said if you have to take time off work you will get compensation, but it will take some time, if you have to take out a loan to pay your mortgage the interest will be paid for (I would guess).

the tv ads make it sound easy getting compensation,,,the only time its easy is when you are the solicitor imho,,,lots of hassle never the correct amount when genuine so expect a lot of hassle and further upset,,,but good look,,,

I bumped into someone, they had mild whiplash and got £20,000 between the 3 passengers. I believe one of them claimed they were scared to get into cars now.

Their car didn't even have a cracked bumper.

I know someone who got £3500 in 2 months. Needed no physio or anything, just visited the doctors. Don;t go for solicitors on the TV, try and find some local independent ones. They will get the job done faster.

Banned

I usually hate the compo culture typ thing but if you need an operation to fix what has happened then you should get something.

I imagine a fair bit too, a while back my hubby got £2000 for no where near as bad as what your saying.

His car was in a pile up and written off, he was instructed by his solicitors from the insurance to go to a private dr's to get assesed for whiplash, due to pain, I think this is fairly standard nowadays.

They pushed him to do it as it affected his job, with intermittent pain, seizure, he was put on a rehab fitness regime until well again, fitness is part of his job and he could not be deployed or do his job until 100% again.

Titchimp;8136415

I bumped into someone, they had mild whiplash and got £20,000 between the … I bumped into someone, they had mild whiplash and got £20,000 between the 3 passengers. I believe one of them claimed they were scared to get into cars now. Their car didn't even have a cracked bumper.

Did their car need to be damaged for them to be injured though?

tinks404 - check your PM

You get compensated for what you have lost, if you can prove loss of earnings you can claim these those. Any additional expense can be claimed, but keep receipts.
There isn't a sliding scale of compensation for injuries, it is based on each individual case and needs to be backed up with medical evidence and receipts.
I was knocked off my motorbike in 2001 and eventually in 2004 I received £25,000 compensation which was approximately 80% of the total being claimed, everything was broken down and submitted to the court. Lost earnings, loss of promotion, loss of motorcycle and protective gear, we kept bus tickets and taxi receipts for visits to hospitals and physiotherapy. A good solicitor will advise on what actions you need to take.
The injuries I suffered were broken right arm, broken bones in left hand, neck injuries and knee ligament. I had 5 operations and 6 months off work.

Banned

pugw$sh;8136560

The injuries I suffered were broken right arm, broken bones in left hand, … The injuries I suffered were broken right arm, broken bones in left hand, neck injuries and knee ligament. I had 5 operations and 6 months off work.

ouch just started riding, how were you knocked off?

krazie2004;8136432

Did their car need to be damaged for them to be injured though?

No but it indicates the force that i hit them.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Hi any flying experience for kids under 4?25
    2. Incorrect Amazon refunds - how can I make sure they don't owe me any more m…710
    3. Foo fighters pre sale code89
    4. Anyone got an Infrared bathroom heater?22

See more discussions