Whipsnade Zoo or Woburn Safari?

Found 28th Jun 2011
Making the trip down south in a couple of weeks for my sons 4th birthday. Taking him to Legoland for a day then on the way back noticed that Whipsnade & Woburn are on the way.

Really cant decide which one will be better. He does like zoos, but read Whipsnade can be a slog of a walkaround and hes never been on a 'safari' before.

Please help me decide!!
Community Updates
MiscSafariWoburnZoo
7 Comments
Woburn is great but varies from trip to trip, as you can't predict animal behaviour.

Whipsnade is a great zoo, but if you don't like lots of walking you may be better paying to take the car into the park and drive round.
Original Poster
hornblowerracing

Woburn is great but varies from trip to trip, as you can't predict animal … Woburn is great but varies from trip to trip, as you can't predict animal behaviour.Whipsnade is a great zoo, but if you don't like lots of walking you may be better paying to take the car into the park and drive round.

thanks for the reply, ive seen theres also the foot safari at woburn, but would assume this isnt as good as a walk-around zoo if that makes sense?

we'd be arriving at around 10am and would want full day of stuff to do......reckon thats achievable at Woburn?
I like Colchester zoo though it's not a safari type one. I think it's mainly because you get the chance to feed some animals like the elephants and girafes.
lanc_red

thanks for the reply, ive seen theres also the foot safari at woburn, but … thanks for the reply, ive seen theres also the foot safari at woburn, but would assume this isnt as good as a walk-around zoo if that makes sense?we'd be arriving at around 10am and would want full day of stuff to do......reckon thats achievable at Woburn?

Woburn is great IMO, you take a drive round safari, then you can park the car up, have a picnic and then have a walk round the smaller farm/zoo and there some playing equipment too

Edit: and swan pedal boats
Edited by: "Mrs.Z" 28th Jun 2011
lanc_red

thanks for the reply, ive seen theres also the foot safari at woburn, but … thanks for the reply, ive seen theres also the foot safari at woburn, but would assume this isnt as good as a walk-around zoo if that makes sense?we'd be arriving at around 10am and would want full day of stuff to do......reckon thats achievable at Woburn?

Definitely a day if you take it all in rather than rush round.
i asked the same question a couple months back heres the answers if it helps

hotukdeals.com/mis…777

we ended up going to woburn and had a blast, the drive around is great lots of animals to see, the foot safari is also good fun, highly recommend the nectar feeding to the parrots! also has a boating lake and large play area for the kids so could easily make a day of it.
Original Poster
onlyme23

i asked the same question a couple months back heres the answers if it … i asked the same question a couple months back heres the answers if it helpshttp://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/which-better-woburn-whipsnade/929777we ended up going to woburn and had a blast, the drive around is great lots of animals to see, the foot safari is also good fun, highly recommend the nectar feeding to the parrots! also has a boating lake and large play area for the kids so could easily make a day of it.

think im opting for the Woburn Safari.....

thanks for the responses.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions