Groups

Whirlpool fire in Shepherd's Bush

Isn't it time for these dangerous machines to be recalled entirely, 120 firefighters called to put out the fire.

are they literally waiting for a death?

7 Comments

I won't be buying any Whirlpool products, they need to sort this out before someone dies.

Look beyond the story, the headlines, place where accountability is is hse.gov.uk/ele…htm

Original Poster

splender

Look beyond the story, the headlines, place where accountability is is … Look beyond the story, the headlines, place where accountability is is http://www.hse.gov.uk/electricity/standards.htm

Agreed, I think both are accountable! Firefighters and the public are at risk.

davewave

Agreed, I think both are accountable! Firefighters and the public are at … Agreed, I think both are accountable! Firefighters and the public are at risk.

Many company ethics and especially the PR and top directors, "It is all within the law, standards, policy or best practice, I have done nothing wrong." When the public expect a higher standard in ethics and morality than what the law says.
    So a saying like, "We have done nothing wrong, it's all within the law." may conveniently avoid "the right or wrong" beyond the risk of lives, jobs, injury etc. Lastly, no one ever says the law is perfect, a standard is perfect...

Banned

I'm sure there are many others, but this one always sticks in my mind.

The Ford Pinto scandal

The upgrade cost was $11 per car, or even $1 to have a shield to protect the tank from rupturing.

A memo in 1973 was leaked to the media that outlined how many deaths to expect per year from the defect and how much Ford expected to cost the company per lawsuit. The memo ultimately decided that it was cheaper for the company to pay the lawsuit than spend money fixing the problem. Cost of this was approx 500-900 deaths.

cchopps

I'm sure there are many others, but this one always sticks in my mind.The … I'm sure there are many others, but this one always sticks in my mind.The Ford Pinto scandalThe upgrade cost was $11 per car, or even $1 to have a shield to protect the tank from rupturing. A memo in 1973 was leaked to the media that outlined how many deaths to expect per year from the defect and how much Ford expected to cost the company per lawsuit. The memo ultimately decided that it was cheaper for the company to pay the lawsuit than spend money fixing the problem. Cost of this was approx 500-900 deaths.

Shocking but not surprising sadly.

Have you ever read this article or one of the many similar ones around? :
    Psychopaths in the boardroom

Edited by: "spoo" 7th Oct 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7181352
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1222
      3. Spotify Family Premium share719
      4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710955

See more discussions