Groups
    EXPIRED

Whiskey casked in 1975

Banned
    Hello,

I'm looking to buy my old man a whiskey casked in 1975 for fathers day.

Does anyone know where i can pick up a decent single malted whiskey casked in that year ? obviously if anyone knows of any internet offer or big discounts that would be great.

Cheers for anyones help

6 Comments

Be honest with you mate, a 35 (unusual) year old whiskey would cost you anything from £500+

There are plenty of good Single Malts out there depends what you are looking for, you are more likely to find a 30 year than a 35 year old but your still talking big dollar.

Which whiskies does he generally drink? Islay, Speyside etc? Any of his favorite brands you can give us a clue on to try and narrow down your search?

Original Poster Banned

He doesnt really mind what he drinks as he likes a change, he doesnt really have a favourite brand. The only real stipulation he has is that its a single malt and it from a cask.

ive had a quick look myself. Can you explain why one is much cheaper that the other and are these both pants whiskys or not ?
    thewhiskyexchange.com/P-1…spx

thewhiskyexchange.com/P-5…spx

cheers for any help you can give with this as i'm not a whisky drinker.

CENTRAL LONDON SHOP

The Whisky Exchange
    Vinopolis
    1, Bank End
    London SE1 9BU

Tel: +44 (0) 207 403 8688
    Fax: +44 (0) 207 403 8788
    Email: [email protected]

I'd ring up the shop in London and ask for their advice. I've been to the shop a few years back and found them very knowledgeable and helpful, you can't do any woise than ask.

In my opinion, unless your Dad is a real whiskey expert, I'd buy the cheaper bottle. It all tastes the same when coke is added!!!
    (An old pugw$sh family joke when I bought my uncle a very expensive bottle of XO Cognac and he helped himself to a large glass, poured in a decent measure, tossed in a few ice clubs a slice of lemon and topped it off with diet coke! When he wasn't looking I poured the bottle contents into a decanter and topped the bottle up with Sainsburys French Brandy, if you are reading sorry Uncle Dave!))

Does your dad have a copy of 'The Whisky Bible' by Jim Murray? Definitely worth getting a hold of just for the descriptions of what each brand is like, but there's lots of other info on some of the minor brands so it could help you make a decision.

whiskybible.com/

It might be worth having a look here
    ]http//ww…tml

Original Poster Banned

termite;8754390

It might be worth having a look … It might be worth having a look here]http://www.freelabelmaker.com/whisky.html

I Like the idea ! !
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767244
      2. word association Game73844477
      3. Fifa 18 web app Now active.22
      4. Important info for Ryanair customers1824

See more discussions