Whisky recommendations

Posted 8th Nov
I'm hoping you lot can help. I want to buy my other half a whisky for Christmas but I'm T total so have no idea what I'm buying.

I know his favourites are monkey shoulder and also glenfiddich. I also know he doesn't like bourbon. Does anyone have any good recommendations?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
Monkey shoulder is glendiddich, balvenie and something else, I’d suggest a Balvenie, they do some really nice whisky.
What's your price range? I agree with the above, both distilleries are based in Dufftown. If you want something a bit different then being a Speyside you could maybe look at Aberlour, Macallan or Glenfiddich as other major distillers with a similar taste profile. They'll have at bottle to suit most budgets.

If you're after something less well known one of my favourites is Strathisla but you'll have to wait for a deal for the 12 year old to drop below £30. Owned by Chivas Regal but a lovely little distillery and they still make & bottle their own on site.

If your budget stretches slightly further (£40+) then Craigellachie is very well respected & reviewed.
im happy with a case of peroni
Highland Park or Scapa
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants