Groups

Whit van drivers - what sort of insurance does your company have?

A guy at our work place had a very small bump the other day, but cracked the radiator on the van he was driving, also some other minor damage.

"Company policy" is that the driver pays the excess on the insurance - which is over £500!!

So he had two options. Either pay the excess, or get it repaired by a pricey garage for £490.

What sort of policy is in place at your work? Anyone else have to contend with these ridiculous prices?

Bit worried about the risks of a bump, we cover a lot of miles some times and even through very snowy conditions.

13 Comments

We dont have to pay for any damage, as long as we say we are sorry.
    Not sure what insurance the company uses.

Whit van?

When I did Part Time home delivery for Sainsburys last year you had to pay the excess if you had a bump,you also have to declare this to your own insurance company

I never had a bump though because I am good

boothy;7905110

Whit van?When I did Part Time home delivery for Sainsburys last year you … Whit van?When I did Part Time home delivery for Sainsburys last year you had to pay the excess if you had a bump,you also have to declare this to your own insurance companyI never had a bump though because I am good

and male:thumbsup:

skusey;7905129

and male:thumbsup:

and British:thumbsup:

Racist thread against silver van drivers, reported :thumbsup:

If you crash the van on company time, they pay, if it's out of hours, you pay

if you have a crash in a company vehicle it has nothing to do with your personnel insurance

I dont think there is a set rule on this.
    As far as my company goes, as we cant use the vans in our own time, we are not required to pay as it is in company time.

skusey;7905280

as we cant use the vans in our own time, we are not required to pay as it … as we cant use the vans in our own time, we are not required to pay as it is in company time.

That's crappy, I enjoy unlimited personnal van use and they pay all the personnal fuel as well.

Original Poster

pinkleponkle;7905316

That's crappy, I enjoy unlimited personnal van use and they pay all the … That's crappy, I enjoy unlimited personnal van use and they pay all the personnal fuel as well.

Wow. I'm not allowed anything like that.. Have to drop it off at base every night.. Then drive home. Such a ******* when I'm driving past my house to drop the van off!

Original Poster

boothy;7905110

Whit van?When I did Part Time home delivery for Sainsburys last year you … Whit van?When I did Part Time home delivery for Sainsburys last year you had to pay the excess if you had a bump,you also have to declare this to your own insurance companyI never had a bump though because I am good

What was the excess?

baconsandwich;7905627

What was the excess?

£60

Original Poster

boothy;7905634

£60

Wow!..... wow!!

And ours is £500.

W....T......F.......!?
    Post a comment
    @