Groups
    EXPIRED

white council style switches/sockets needed asap

we are moving and our current home has all chrome switches in (that we put in), we obviously dont want to leave them behind, do any of you have any old ones you no longer need? we need the following;

7 single light switches
    1 double light switch
    6 single sockets
    13 double sockets
    1 cooker switch with single socket on it too
    8 ceiling pendant style lights
    1 bathroom light fitting

many thanks x

17 Comments

best bet local diy store or screwfix next day delivery

screwfix.com/cat…nge

To be honest its best to get them all new and matching. You don't have to spend a fortune get the value range, alot of buyers will notice odd switches etc and will think the place needs completely new wiring and electrics and will offer less for the house.

Or you could try your local freecycle.

Wilkinsons

Was it your house ie bought? If it was...can you do that??

Banned

as gavin said, cheap as chips at wilkos

Whats 'council style'?

Banned

LJM;6367783

Whats 'council style'?

think they mean cheap white basics, although i believe there isnt a specific one for council houses - lol

Original Poster

wilkos is still quite a lot, as there are lots i need, im looking on ebay at moment.

my house is council, so we arent leaving them for the next people who live here - they cost a lot!!! and yeah, you can improve a council home as long as you get permission 1st!

try CPC they are quite cheap there

Original Poster

octobergirl;6368344

try CPC they are quite cheap there

thank you, its still coming to £40 thats without bathroom ceiling light and cooker switch :? nightmare!!!

try going to a carboot sale??? someone maybe doing the opposite having bought their council house and redecorated... i know i did... got a couple of quid.. lol

My dad has a garage full of stuff like this, will pop over later and see if he has any, will let u know later on

Original Poster

nessynoo01;6369516

My dad has a garage full of stuff like this, will pop over later and see … My dad has a garage full of stuff like this, will pop over later and see if he has any, will let u know later on

thanks for that - very much appreciated!

also car boot is a fab idea - thanks guys :thumbsup:

rep added to all!

edit; for some strange reason i cant add rep to nessy above - theres no scale thingys to do it - any ideas?

chunky;6367523

Was it your house ie bought? If it was...can you do that??

That's what I was wondering, I thought all fixtures and fittings that are not staying would need to be itemised? I'm sure if I bought a house and noticed they had all changed I wouldn't be too happy and would probably query it

Original Poster

im council not private - as long as you get permission and replace them if you take them when you leave its fine - some councils may differ tho

Banned

hocka;6392831

im council not private - as long as you get permission and replace them … im council not private - as long as you get permission and replace them if you take them when you leave its fine - some councils may differ tho

why on earth didnt you keep old ones, you sure you didnt put them in shed and forgotten about them

Try wicks or B&Q or even the markets not sure where you live but some market stalls sell them cheap there is woolworthson line too now
    Good luck on yr hse move:thumbsup:

sorry only just got back on,

been over but havnt got enough of that style sorry
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Superdrug weekly deals11
      2. Large Chest of Drawers1012
      3. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree67
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!22

See more discussions