White eggs

Found 13th Nov 2017
On a recent trip to Turkey i was given white boiled eggs as part of my breakfast.
I noticed a huge difference in the taste than our eggs although i do buy quality eggs. A huge difference that i felt more energetic, strong, happy and fit.

My question is, are these duck eggs?
They were the size of chicken eggs but not circle such as chicken eggs so im confused as i would love to buy them and feel that strong lady when i did back on my holiday.
Community Updates
Ask
32 Comments
Duck eggs taste richer than hen eggs in my experience. And they tend to be bigger. Contrary to popular belief, they aren't all blue
Turkey eggs
Bradleigh5 m ago

Turkey eggs

Was just thinking can you buy turkey eggs but then I got it. Like your style.
psychobitchfromhell11 m ago

Was just thinking can you buy turkey eggs but then I got it. Like your …Was just thinking can you buy turkey eggs but then I got it. Like your style.

Yes you can buy them but they are bigger.
The feelings you got from the eggs are just because you were on holiday in a beautiful place! I love turkey.

i have had duck eggs but dont like them. They are slightly bigger than chicken but not that noticeable. The york is not as dry as chicken eggs, it is more mushy, and the whites is slightly tougher. I havent had turkey eggs from recollection, but i guess they would be quite big.

i really like eggs from lidl, oddly enough. I can taste the difference of boiled eggs from the different supermarkets
todayifoundout.com/ind…gs/

The potential difference in taste from one egg to another does lead us to our one caveat, though it isn’t anything to do with the colour of the egg—rather, it has to do with the chicken’s diet. Many chickens raised at home are brown-egg layers, while most of the chickens raised for commercial use are white-egg layers. The different diets affect the taste of the eggs and even the colour of the yolk, similar to how diet can drastically affect the taste of the meat of some animal.
A different type of egg made you feel more energetic, strong, happy and fit? You should market them as a mirace cure.
barriey9 m ago

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2014/02/difference-brown-white-eggs/The potential difference in taste from one egg to another does lead us to our one caveat, though it isn’t anything to do with the colour of the egg—rather, it has to do with the chicken’s diet. Many chickens raised at home are brown-egg layers, while most of the chickens raised for commercial use are white-egg layers. The different diets affect the taste of the eggs and even the colour of the yolk, similar to how diet can drastically affect the taste of the meat of some animal.

I guess, not just diet, but how they were reared. I used to work for a consultancy who had a client that provided supermarket with eggs. The chickens were kept in cages and they were fed products to make them grow quickly so they can produce eggs quickly. They were not edible as chickens because of how they were fed as it affected the meat. They were only reared to produce eggs.

Chickens that are fed natural foods would produce nicer eggs i would guess. Puzzles me why i like lidl eggs as they cant be the best eggs in the supermarkets
Try Asian or Mid Eastern grocery or supermarkets.

I get these white eggs from there
barriey9 h, 16 m ago

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2014/02/difference-brown-white-eggs/The potential difference in taste from one egg to another does lead us to our one caveat, though it isn’t anything to do with the colour of the egg—rather, it has to do with the chicken’s diet. Many chickens raised at home are brown-egg layers, while most of the chickens raised for commercial use are white-egg layers. The different diets affect the taste of the eggs and even the colour of the yolk, similar to how diet can drastically affect the taste of the meat of some animal.

nonsene, colour of the eggs is due to genetic factor
but rather than using some random blog perhaps you could check an academic source?
extension.illinois.edu/egg…tml

diet does affect the colour of the yolk, NOT its quality
same goes to meat... I suggest you check why you cannot make wagyu kettle from a normal cow

PS> the eggs tasted better because it was likely they were fresh from the farm
Edited by: "mattsk" 14th Nov 2017
Ok maybe i am getting senile in my in my old age, but if i remember correctly as a child all eggs were white, the brown ones cost more money and were thought to be better for you. A few years ago in Germany i noticed all their eggs were white and i was convinced they tasted better
toulousenessie16 m ago

Ok maybe i am getting senile in my in my old age, but if i remember …Ok maybe i am getting senile in my in my old age, but if i remember correctly as a child all eggs were white

...as was dog poo.
Bit of useless trivia;
As a general rule, if a chicken has white legs it will lay white eggs, if it has brown legs it will lay brown eggs, and also the green and blue egg producing strains will tend to have similarly coloured legs to the eggs that they lay.
Edited by: "Dyslexic_Dog" 14th Nov 2017
mutley112 h, 3 m ago

The feelings you got from the eggs are just because you were on holiday in …The feelings you got from the eggs are just because you were on holiday in a beautiful place! I love turkey.i have had duck eggs but dont like them. They are slightly bigger than chicken but not that noticeable. The york is not as dry as chicken eggs, it is more mushy, and the whites is slightly tougher. I havent had turkey eggs from recollection, but i guess they would be quite big.i really like eggs from lidl, oddly enough. I can taste the difference of boiled eggs from the different supermarkets

Thats true, as i went in summer school hollidays. But honestly there was a buz inside the eggs as i felt it on the second day or so. I think the chickens must be well looked after as ours in uk are given all sorts to produce eggs at a faster rate etc.
Gollywood9 h, 36 m ago

Try Asian or Mid Eastern grocery or supermarkets.I get these white eggs …Try Asian or Mid Eastern grocery or supermarkets.I get these white eggs from there

I will do thanks
I may be wrong but I seem to remember we all had white eggs until Delia Smith went on about Brown ones
Misslovely5 m ago

Thats true, as i went in summer school hollidays. But honestly there was a …Thats true, as i went in summer school hollidays. But honestly there was a buz inside the eggs as i felt it on the second day or so. I think the chickens must be well looked after as ours in uk are given all sorts to produce eggs at a faster rate etc.

if they did truly make you feel "more energetic, strong, happy and fit", the chickens must have been fed on marijuana! happy chickens

when we were in turkey, i loved their boiled eggs as well for breakfast. i also loved their salads for dinner.
mutley11 h, 12 m ago

if they did truly make you feel "more energetic, strong, happy and fit", …if they did truly make you feel "more energetic, strong, happy and fit", the chickens must have been fed on marijuana! happy chickens when we were in turkey, i loved their boiled eggs as well for breakfast. i also loved their salads for dinner.

You like salad and you shop at lidl. Have I woken up in a parallel universe?
Are you sure it was the eggs that gave you this energy...? A bit of sun does do wonders especially after spending so much time in this grey cold climate.
mutley17 h, 49 m ago

if they did truly make you feel "more energetic, strong, happy and fit", …if they did truly make you feel "more energetic, strong, happy and fit", the chickens must have been fed on marijuana! happy chickens when we were in turkey, i loved their boiled eggs as well for breakfast. i also loved their salads for dinner.

Haha thats a good one
Bigfootpete6 h, 12 m ago

Are you sure it was the eggs that gave you this energy...? A bit of sun …Are you sure it was the eggs that gave you this energy...? A bit of sun does do wonders especially after spending so much time in this grey cold climate.

Thats what i thought of too, but i did only stay 6 nights.
psychobitchfromhell6 h, 46 m ago

You like salad and you shop at lidl. Have I woken up in a parallel …You like salad and you shop at lidl. Have I woken up in a parallel universe?

you should know me well enough by now to know that i am very odd! i don't shop at lidl, i only buy eggs from there as i like their eggs the best. i have to queue in their stupid long queues just for the eggs!

i love salads but i don't always eat it. i used to hate it until i met my husband who loves salad and encouraged me to eat more healthily. he has been able to persuade me to eat salads and fruits but that is where it ends.
mutley127 m ago

you should know me well enough by now to know that i am very odd! i don't …you should know me well enough by now to know that i am very odd! i don't shop at lidl, i only buy eggs from there as i like their eggs the best. i have to queue in their stupid long queues just for the eggs!i love salads but i don't always eat it. i used to hate it until i met my husband who loves salad and encouraged me to eat more healthily. he has been able to persuade me to eat salads and fruits but that is where it ends.

I buy my eggs from lidl too. The queues can be challenging and at my local the parking is a nightmare. It is opposite a church and today when I went there was a funeral on. The church has no car park so no prizes for guessing where the cars go. I do find people do buy bizarre things there though. The chap in front of me bought six iceberg lettuce and twenty four packets of sliced garlic sausage. The guy at the next till was buying a dozen litres of long life milk
psychobitchfromhell9 m ago

I buy my eggs from lidl too. The queues can be challenging and at my local …I buy my eggs from lidl too. The queues can be challenging and at my local the parking is a nightmare. It is opposite a church and today when I went there was a funeral on. The church has no car park so no prizes for guessing where the cars go. I do find people do buy bizarre things there though. The chap in front of me bought six iceberg lettuce and twenty four packets of sliced garlic sausage. The guy at the next till was buying a dozen litres of long life milk

every time i go into my local lidl, everyone there has huge trolleys of shopping so i have to wait behind them. some of them take pity on me when they see me with just a box of eggs, so offer to let me go in front of them.
mutley16 m ago

every time i go into my local lidl, everyone there has huge trolleys of …every time i go into my local lidl, everyone there has huge trolleys of shopping so i have to wait behind them. some of them take pity on me when they see me with just a box of eggs, so offer to let me go in front of them.

Their stuff is really cheap and, although I know I won't convert you, is good quality. I bought hummus, spring onions and coconut milk. Would've been twice the price in Tesco and the taste is comparable.
psychobitchfromhell6 m ago

Their stuff is really cheap and, although I know I won't convert you, is …Their stuff is really cheap and, although I know I won't convert you, is good quality. I bought hummus, spring onions and coconut milk. Would've been twice the price in Tesco and the taste is comparable.

i have tried stuff from there but i don't like it. i know they are good value, which is why people shop there. my husband doesn't want to eat anything from there either.
mutley11 h, 23 m ago

i have tried stuff from there but i don't like it. i know they are good …i have tried stuff from there but i don't like it. i know they are good value, which is why people shop there. my husband doesn't want to eat anything from there either.

You like their eggs though..... For me the consideration is price and quality. I would never in a million years buy anything other than free range eggs or chicken but I am open to where I buy them from. There are certain things I don't think it is worth paying a premium for and others I wouldn't be led on brands for. Tetley tea tastes awful as does sainsburys. Has to be Yorkshire. Sugar is sugar. Whether it says Tate and lyles on the label or Asda own brand makes very little difference to the taste when it is in a Victoria sponge.
psychobitchfromhell19 m ago

You like their eggs though..... For me the consideration is price and …You like their eggs though..... For me the consideration is price and quality. I would never in a million years buy anything other than free range eggs or chicken but I am open to where I buy them from. There are certain things I don't think it is worth paying a premium for and others I wouldn't be led on brands for. Tetley tea tastes awful as does sainsburys. Has to be Yorkshire. Sugar is sugar. Whether it says Tate and lyles on the label or Asda own brand makes very little difference to the taste when it is in a Victoria sponge.

I have very strange taste buds so i only eat what i like the taste of. costs never enters the equation. It costs what it costs. I have tried several things from lidl, but i dont like any of them, except eggs and white chocolate, but i am not into chocolates at the moment.
mutley112 m ago

I have very strange taste buds so i only eat what i like the taste of. …I have very strange taste buds so i only eat what i like the taste of. costs never enters the equation. It costs what it costs. I have tried several things from lidl, but i dont like any of them, except eggs and white chocolate, but i am not into chocolates at the moment.

Now I am sure I am in a parallel universe. You are not into chocolate ????? Is this from the junk food junkie? The person who eats a packet of biscuits a day? We eat a lot with our eyes not our tastebuds. Things do taste different from different places but brands don't always taste better than own or non branded items. Sometimes I think the price difference is worth it and sometimes I don't think it is. Like I said the other day, hummus from Tesco is £1.20 and from lidl 65p. It isn't twice as good.
psychobitchfromhell8 m ago

Now I am sure I am in a parallel universe. You are not into chocolate …Now I am sure I am in a parallel universe. You are not into chocolate ????? Is this from the junk food junkie? The person who eats a packet of biscuits a day? We eat a lot with our eyes not our tastebuds. Things do taste different from different places but brands don't always taste better than own or non branded items. Sometimes I think the price difference is worth it and sometimes I don't think it is. Like I said the other day, hummus from Tesco is £1.20 and from lidl 65p. It isn't twice as good.

We ate some food at the cinema when the movie was on and it tasted awful because we could not see it, so i agree that our eyes have a lot to do with how much we like the food.

i am addicted to sugary snacks but i dont like chocolates in general. It is odd, but there it is. I dont find chocolates to be as tasty as biscuits or cakes. Some chocolates, i cant even eat at all and give them away when they are given to me
mutley11 h, 1 m ago

We ate some food at the cinema when the movie was on and it tasted awful …We ate some food at the cinema when the movie was on and it tasted awful because we could not see it, so i agree that our eyes have a lot to do with how much we like the food.i am addicted to sugary snacks but i dont like chocolates in general. It is odd, but there it is. I dont find chocolates to be as tasty as biscuits or cakes. Some chocolates, i cant even eat at all and give them away when they are given to me

We still have two Easter eggs left. I much prefer savoury to sweet. Bit of cheese and I am happy.
psychobitchfromhell1 h, 59 m ago

We still have two Easter eggs left. I much prefer savoury to sweet. Bit of …We still have two Easter eggs left. I much prefer savoury to sweet. Bit of cheese and I am happy.

I dont like easter eggs at all, except creme eggs, but i take days to eat one as i just lick it, then leave it. Lol

i dont like savoury food much and i am running out of things i want to eat. I am a very fussy eater and dont like most foods, except biscuits and cakes.
Edited by: "mutley1" 15th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions