White Screen on Motorola KRZR K1

6 replies
Found 5th Nov 2009
Bought a second hand one (sold as seen) and this has white screen.

When you turn it on the keypad lights up but the screen is black - nothing. If you then close the fli and reopen the flip, it then shows a white screen. So I believe it needs a new flex ribbon thing.

Has anyone replaced one and is it easy (ish??)

Can anyone recommend any good flex ribbons they've actually used please?

Ta

6 Comments

Heres a disassembly guide, i use this site every time i need to take apart my phones
formymobile.co.uk/Dis…htm

Ribbions about £ 2.50 all in on ebay.

Original Poster

snarff;6794195

Heres a disassembly guide, i use this site every time i need to take … Heres a disassembly guide, i use this site every time i need to take apart my phoneshttp://www.formymobile.co.uk/Dismantle/k1disassembly.htmRibbions about £ 2.50 all in on ebay.

Cheers - will give that a bash!!

Best of buying a new a screen and alot easier

spitroast

Original Poster

spit roast;6796407

Best of buying a new a screen and alot easierspitroast

Ok i went for the difficult option!! Ribbon arrived today and phoe is all dismantled except I can't see how to get the top carcass of the phone apart from the bottom to remove the old ribbon?? Any ideas please??

The instructions above don't show that bit!!

Original Poster

Actually have sorted it - now just puttig all back together. If it works it'll be a miracle!! If it doesn't - lots spares for sale LOL!!! Off down pub first!

Original Poster

melmorc;6809705

Actually have sorted it - now just puttig all back together. If it works … Actually have sorted it - now just puttig all back together. If it works it'll be a miracle!! If it doesn't - lots spares for sale LOL!!! Off down pub first!

I'm very proud of myself!!! Very tricky especially for first time but worked a treat!!:-D:-D Just charging it up before it goes on ebay!!:p
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition71781
    2. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54

See more discussions