Expired

White spirit or Isopropyl Alcohol

Found 27th May
Can I clean my mountain bike disc brakes with white spirit? Is it the same as Isopropyl Alcohol??
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Not really the same, White Spirit is Oil Based, wont do any harm though, 3 in1, WD40, Brake or Carb Cleaner, Alloy Wheel Cleaner (£1 Pounland), Even soapy Fairy Liquid, go for it.
No it’s not the same it’s not alcohol based I personally wouldn’t clean them with it.
Dannyrobbo7 m ago

No it’s not the same it’s not alcohol based I personally wouldn’t clean the …No it’s not the same it’s not alcohol based I personally wouldn’t clean them with it.

So you would use Isopropyl Alcohol?
Methylated Spirit would be a good substitute for IPA.
parsimony2 h, 51 m ago

Methylated Spirit would be a good substitute for IPA.

I had an IPA last night and the reviews said it had ethanol overtones and it was nice so must try meths next time.
caverncity4 h, 54 m ago

I had an IPA last night and the reviews said it had ethanol overtones and …I had an IPA last night and the reviews said it had ethanol overtones and it was nice so must try meths next time.

What did you use it for?
IPA - also an abbreviation for India Pale Ale.

Seriously though, the best stuff would be "brake cleaner"... guy on YouTube uses it for cleaning yucky computer boards and it rips the gunk off (can discolour plastic though).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants