Groups

White vinegar for descaling the Tefal Quickcup

Has anyone actually tried the descaling procedure on this device? The manual recommends that you do this every 2 months (especially if you live in a hard water area, as I do), and you require "1 litre of commercially available white vinegar".

I'm not really sure if the clear variety of Sarsons malt vinegar is right stuff!

10 Comments

yes the clear variety of Sarsons malt vinegar will do the trick but do not use the brown variety as this will leave a stain

yes any vinegar will do, smells pretty bad but does the trick, you can also buy descaler by OUST, that really works as well

Banned

yeah it will work...stinks but cleans it nicely

i have used malt and had no problems, just need to make sure you rinse really well, had to do this once a week when i lived in spain and water is really bad

does this work with any kettle? what do i need to do? my kettle needs descaling

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, I'll give it a try (and open a window while I do it!).

I don't suppose anyone knows if you can buy this vinegar in large (2L. or more) containers? Guess the local cash'n'carry might sell it.

waldo;4117703

Thanks everyone, I'll give it a try (and open a window while I do it!).I … Thanks everyone, I'll give it a try (and open a window while I do it!).I don't suppose anyone knows if you can buy this vinegar in large (2L. or more) containers? Guess the local cash'n'carry might sell it.

you can get it in 2,5lit containers from catering suppliers or as you suggest cash and carry

My local health food shops sells in in refillable containers or online 5l for £3.99 ]here, not sure of postage costs

I know this is off topic, but are the Tefal Quickcups any good? been thinking of getting one for a while, just worried that the water does not get hot enough!

how do you descale the quick cup with vinegar we have the quick cup! I never knew we had to descale it {blush}
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions