Groups

Who are "Bank of america"?

Hi all,
    I got an email from "Bank of america" saying my credit application was rejected. Normally I would think spam, but they have my surname, address, and work email address... and I have recently applied for the Amazon credit card. They ask me to click on a link to see why I was rejected and to enter some details "for security and privacy", at which point I stopped as I figured this was where more of my details could get stolen.

Has anyone else encountered this and can confirm it is spam? I never sign up my work email to anything "risky" so how could this happen?

23 Comments

........spam

Yeah I think it's spam.The name sounds familiar to me...

Bank of America are a genuine bank, one of the largest in America...however can't say whether or not the email was spam or not. If they had your details already then chances are it was from your Amazon CC application...

bankofamerica.com/ind…jsp

Edit just checked and the Amazon CC is provided by MBNA who are a subsidiary of BoA (look at the small print at the bottom of the page):

amazon.co.uk/gp/…A=0

you would get a letter
    cant think of any banks that correspond via email

legal mafia

Bank of America are MBNA so it looks like your amazon cc got rejected.

It is definately regards your amazon cc application. the amazon cc is done through bank of america.

Banned

They have a lovely building as their 'Corporate Center', just been there recently.

i get loads of these every day
    lloyds natwest mbna and others
    i dont even bank with these

jasonrat;6822715

i get loads of these every day lloyds natwest mbna and othersi dont even … i get loads of these every day lloyds natwest mbna and othersi dont even bank with these

Me too. Only been happening the last few months:thinking:

Original Poster

okay thanks. damn amazon, thats probably leaving a mark on my credit file isn't it. all i wanted was their £15 voucher!

This is definitely in relation to the Amazon CC. Had my application rejected as well and received an email from Bank of America followed by a letter a few days later.

http://www.kevblog.co.uk/blog/53/fonejacker_2.jpg

It is def spam I also received an email from them today....requesting a change of password...im not with them and have not applied for anything lately....trashed it yankee style

NOT spam, just Amazon or play.com . I use both and their credit cards are run by Bank of America...................:thumbsup:

Original Poster

okay thanks, i'll wait for the actual letter to come through the post then!

Banned

jcaho7;6823367

NOT spam, just Amazon or play.com . I use both and their credit cards are … NOT spam, just Amazon or play.com . I use both and their credit cards are run by Bank of America...................:thumbsup:

of course its spam. No bank would ever send an email asking to click on link to login / enter security details.

always bookmark your bank login pages and use these to login.

Freemasonry

csiman;6825202

of course its spam. No bank would ever send an email asking to click on … of course its spam. No bank would ever send an email asking to click on link to login / enter security details.always bookmark your bank login pages and use these to login.

No UK bank...which BoA are not :thumbsup:

My wife has an american bank account and they email her every month with a link to her statement

IndianaBlues;6822666

Bank of America are a genuine bank, one of the largest in … Bank of America are a genuine bank, one of the largest in America...however can't say whether or not the email was spam or not. If they had your details already then chances are it was from your Amazon CC application...https://www.bankofamerica.com/index.jspEdit just checked and the Amazon CC is provided by MBNA who are a subsidiary of BoA (look at the small print at the bottom of the page):http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/cobrandcard/marketing.html?ie=UTF8&%2AVersion%2A=1&tmccode=1&%2Aentries%2A=0

+1

Bank of America are a real bank but that doesn't mean your email wasn't spam xxx

Banned

IndianaBlues;6876430

No UK bank...which BoA are not :thumbsup:My wife has an american bank … No UK bank...which BoA are not :thumbsup:My wife has an american bank account and they email her every month with a link to her statement

I said a link to login / enter security details. :thumbsup:

csiman;6825202

of course its spam. No bank would ever send an email asking to click on … of course its spam. No bank would ever send an email asking to click on link to login / enter security details.always bookmark your bank login pages and use these to login.

Its not spam and now you have moved the goal posts. You have over 18000 posts I do wonder about people like you sometimes.

Banned

stiffnuts;6900263

Its not spam and now you have moved the goal posts. You have over 18000 … Its not spam and now you have moved the goal posts. You have over 18000 posts I do wonder about people like you sometimes.

Some life you have if you have spare time to wonder about my post count :whistling::roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains33
      2. Jazz apple slicer for the price of a stamp22
      3. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer66
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car1818

See more discussions