Expired

Who Are The Best Authors Of Crime/Action/Thriller Books???

Found 13th Jun 2012
I am trying to find a good set of books to read whilst I am working nights or in my spare time.

The only name I can think of is James Patterson. I have a few Chris Ryan books and I like his style of writing. I hear Andy McNab does similar books to Chris Ryan.

Would like you fellow HUKD'ers to recommend names of books that would be good reads. Thanks.
Community Updates
MiscBook
14 Comments
If you like Chris Ryan you’ll like Tom Clancy, Robert Ludlam and Michael Crichton. I also really rate Stephen Leather, John Grisham and Martina Cole.
You ever read any of the Lee Child books? He does a great series based on a character called Jack Reacher. You physically reading books or on a phone/ereader?
Simon Kernick is a good crime/thriller author. Huge body count in every book, very fast paced and easy to get stuck in to. Well worth checking out.
I started this thread a while back. There may be some suggestions in there for you too?

hotukdeals.com/mis…078
echo the Lee Child mention, read the Jack Reacher books before Tom Cruise ruins the character for all in the movie!
If you want pure mindless adrenaline I`d recommend Matthew Reilly. He freely admits that he writes stories like Hollywood blockbusters, it`s balls to the wind action with his stuff.
Thanks for the feedback guys, i will be reading books mainly Mikethemanc. But if the books are available at a good price as ebooks for me to read on the phone, then i would be inclined to read on my phone more.
Mikethemanc

I started this thread a while back. There may be some suggestions in … I started this thread a while back. There may be some suggestions in there for you too? http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/your-favourite-crime-fiction-author-1095078

Will definitely check it out, thanks!!!
Can't go far wrong with John Grisham.
Crowman

If you want pure mindless adrenaline I`d recommend Matthew Reilly. He … If you want pure mindless adrenaline I`d recommend Matthew Reilly. He freely admits that he writes stories like Hollywood blockbusters, it`s balls to the wind action with his stuff.

+1 Matthew Reilly I also highly recommend.
rimz790

Thanks for the feedback guys, i will be reading books mainly Mikethemanc. … Thanks for the feedback guys, i will be reading books mainly Mikethemanc. But if the books are available at a good price as ebooks for me to read on the phone, then i would be inclined to read on my phone more.

If you don't mind doing a review in exchange for a book then Caveab, a free book club for ereader users, has a variety of titles including The Hunter Inside (a solid 4.5* rated thriller) available for free.

Here's a quick blurb:
Paul Wayans and Bill Arnold have something in common. Both men have received letters, threatening their lives. Sandy Myers, rushing from home with her 7 year-old twins in tow, grabs a letter from the mailbox. It is addressed to Sandy Carson. Her maiden name.

The past has caught up with them, and now their lives are in jeopardy.

But who, or what, is hunting them? Should they run, or should they stand and fight?

FBI Special Agent Sam O’Neill will fight desperately to solve a case that he could not solve ten years before. But can he find them before it’s too late? And if he does not, will anyone survive?

The Hunter Inside is a psychological thriller with a twist. It is a page-turning roller-coaster of a novel that you won’t be able to put down until all of its secrets, twists and turns have been revealed.

To grab a free copy just go to:
caveab.com/p/a…tml
Just finished the last book in The Killer series, wow. Look forward to reading more from Jack Elgos, really good, gritty stuff.
Stephen Leather writes some good books - Has a series about an ex-SAS soldier turned undercover policeman Dan "Spider" Shepherd

He goes on to do other things but not going to spoil it for anyone wanting to read his books ( about 12 in this story line but also writes other stuff )
Roger Hobbs - Ghostman - Debut book, best read in a while.

Steig Larson - 3 book series

Jack Higgins - Martin Fallon series

Duncan Falconer - Ex-sas, good writer

Of course Lee Child, Andy McNab, Chris Ryan...Chris has the edge, Child is an excillent writer and McNab is nostalgic in the Nick Stone series

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants