Who are the clever people who already have Xmas covered & who are the ones who have left it to the last minute?

Banned 54 replies
Found 11th Dec 2016
As above.

We are still left to buy the little gifts for the kids (main ones are covered).

We are still left to buy most of the food.

& after this weeks binge (by me) on the Xmas wine I bought last week I am going to have to reorder that!

So are you teachers pet or trouble like me?

54 Comments

Last minute as usual....I will no doubt be up to 3am on xmas eve still wrapping gifts that I bought hours earlier X)

Banned

I ain't got anything yet I'm to tight to spend money.update I've just looked under stairs and I've got 12 bottles of bud and about 15 cans of strongbow result Xmas now sorted.
Edited by: "bruntz2016" 11th Dec 2016

One present left to buy and tree and decorations go up tomorrow.

It's not last minute yet by a long way...

Easy, the first lot are women, the second lot men.

Original Poster Banned

g1bbuk

It's not last minute yet by a long way...

Depends when you get paid

Got it all sorted in october.

Original Poster Banned

googley2

One present left to buy and tree and decorations go up tomorrow.

It it was up to me the tree would go up 12 days before & come down Jan 2nd.

But I have no say.

ive got nearly all of the presents sorted and wrapped, im sure ill find a few more little stocking fillers along the way

food, ive not even considered that yet! if i buy it now ill much it all by tuesday, let alone christmas! lol

all done for me and grocery order slots reserved up to new year....just tweeks here and there to go depending on what offers tesco have going on

I've got to get the stable mucked out and bedded down with fresh straw, got some guests coming.

Made the child write his list weeks ago . Just a couple of things to get . Got the meat last week and its in the freezer . He likes crocodile on Christmas day so have to plan ahead . Got a couple of Easter eggs left over so they will do for chocolate . Got to write and send cards which I will do this week . Other than that I won't bother . Shops will be open on boxing day

All bought, wrapped and hidden away. Well on the ball this year!

miikeyblue

All bought, wrapped and hidden away. Well on the ball this year!

Have you got mine wrapped up X)

http://replygif.net/i/612.gif

Original Poster Banned

joostme

all done for me and grocery order slots reserved up to new year....just … all done for me and grocery order slots reserved up to new year....just tweeks here and there to go depending on what offers tesco have going on

How do you reserve delivery slots?

Haven't started yet oO X)

summerof76

Have you got mine wrapped up X)

Nah... not got enough paper for that.

kids gone overboard with the tree again this year. Sigh.
[img]images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fs3.r29static.com%2Fbin%2Fentry%2F34f%2Fx%2C80%2F1340809%2Fimage.jpg&f=1[/img]

CookinBat

kids gone overboard with the tree again this year. Sigh. … kids gone overboard with the tree again this year. Sigh. [img]https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fs3.r29static.com%2Fbin%2Fentry%2F34f%2Fx%2C80%2F1340809%2Fimage.jpg&f=1[/img]

You should put this in the christmas tree comp, a worthy winner X)

Got it all done now, even did wrapping on Wednesday and we did our last Christmas Fair yesterday so work and pleasure all 'wrapped' up time to enjoy now..

done most of mine bought some selection boxes already munched thru them I shud of left them till last minute

presents wrapped and under the tree - couldn't find a hiding place and have decided I don't care if anyone peeks. It's usually me who peeks (unwraps and then wraps back up) but there is nothing under the tree for me X)

all but done...started buying in july

I've had most of my main gifts for family and friends back by September/Oct. Most are very unlikely to be on a sale (Chinese imports for gaming printed clothes).

But I've ordered more recently due to some deals like the Soundkit radio etc.

I start buying presents in June only cuz it gives me an excuse to.shop all the time they have been wrapped for weeks and I give them out as soon as people's trees are up to get them out of my house.

Food hamper including turkey, Ham, veg etc being delivered Xmas eve by the local butcher......sorted
Edited by: "gillsypop" 11th Dec 2016

Pretty much done. Waiting on one person to send me the specifics of the thing they want. Decided cat needs some more presents though, so there's that.

moneysavingkitten

Pretty much done. Waiting on one person to send me the specifics of the … Pretty much done. Waiting on one person to send me the specifics of the thing they want. Decided cat needs some more presents though, so there's that.

https://mysistersjar.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/empty-boxes.jpg

Aiden1512

He's gone off Amazon boxes, it's quite worrying actually Anyone know if they have changed the recipe? Perhaps it's the black Prime tape that offends him?

Original Poster Banned

Hoorah

Just had a "discussion" with partner to list everything she wants the kids to have.

It turned out to be like war & peace. Just write it bloody down so I can buy it! Please!

Just ignore it. It'll pass.

Waaaa?? You mean I have to buy presents too.. I have Christmas dinner sorted (gets delivered on 23rd) apart from that uhmmmm

I will be putting the tree up tomorrow as it is 12 days before and it will be down on the 6th (or before if my kids have their way) Merry Christmas Everyone (see got that in early :p)

I put the window lights and front door wreath up tonight, and I've been cleaning/getting the sitting room ready for the tree etc..to go up tomorrow. I've bought the crackers, cards & wrapping paper. But I've still not bought the presents... there's plenty of time left.. oO
**UPDATE** just bought my son some of the cheap boxers from the current JD Sports deal for his stocking - x8 pairs for £10 delivered. I've actually started the shopping - yay!!!
Edited by: "WonderWoman" 12th Dec 2016

I'm not sorted yet. I'm sure it was still 12 weeks away just a few days ago. oO

Only bought three things, one to small and one to big. Have got an S7 edge on the way for the girlfriend, if she doesn't like that she can move out X)
The main reason I have been on here so flaming much is getting ideas so I can buy tomorrow and have them delivered in time. I'm one of the few people I know who love Christmas, I would love it even more if I didn't live in London.

I buy all year round still have some stuff from last year, I never wrap anything, I give the wrapping and gifts to ppl who will wrap for me ie, my brother gets his kids stuff and his wifes, one set of friends do it for another set of friends they are friends with too....... whats left goes in Christmas bags

treats and drinks got weeks ago just will need fresh salad and veg if anyone is coming over, but they prob wont as not invited anyone and am not doing a Christmas dinner

Aiden1512

Easy, the first lot are women, the second lot men.

Ahem....

The wife's are all wrapped and hidden away out of prying eyes (her and kids think i haven't bought anything yet!)
Daughter's finished and wrapped up and just got a couple of things to get for my lad

As for food we're going to her sisters for dinner

Pretty much 90% done
Edited by: "arcangel111" 12th Dec 2016

up to now i have got a steam iron in the amazon basket for the Mrs
its going well X)
i think
Edited by: "wozukSilencer" 12th Dec 2016

Tree goes up today once I've been to Ikea to get it - kids can decorate it when they come in from school and all the Christmas shopping is done. We'll get it wrapped this week when the kids are at school.

Some of you people frighten me! Presents were all bought and wrapped by 1st week of December. Xmas booze and nibbles in the xmas food cupboard, all xmas meats and veg bought and frozen..menu selections done for everyone so I know who's having what... only thing I haven't got is potatoes which I will get xmas eve.. oh my god.. crackers... I haven't got my crackers... ok.. in a mild panic now... breathe..... breathe.......
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4176
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions