who are we going to mourn from this generation?

Found 9th Dec 2016
Listening to David Bowie and thinking to myself, who from this generation is up there with the likes of him? His generation had Mercury, Led Zeppelin The Rolling Stones, who have we got that will go down as legends of music?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
124 Comments

Adele

Robbie Williams has a great voice and doesn't take himself too seriously with a wide repertoire of songs?

no-one the last of the good musicians was in the early 80's, it's all fabricated what's the word now. It's all about the money or image, not about playing their own instruments.

Harry styles

Madonna
Jay Z
U2
Rihanna
Britney
Aguilera
All megastars with unique contributions to modern music
All still making music
I'm sure there's many others that the 20-30 year olds admire/relate well to?

Original Poster

That's what I'm on about there's no true masters of music anymore, and I'm not an old guy reminiscing, I'm a nineties kid, maybe I have nirvana but I don't know if they can be up there with Bowie

Inb4 HEAWD; Kanye.

Original Poster

sowotsdis

Madonna Jay ZU2RihannaBritneyAguileraAll megastars with unique … Madonna Jay ZU2RihannaBritneyAguileraAll megastars with unique contributions to modern music All still making musicI'm sure there's many others that the 20-30 year olds admire/relate well to?

OK I'll give you u2 and maybe Jay z but the others are just good singers who picked the right songs to sing

The weeknd

Original Poster

By the way u2 are not my idea of a good band, but I appreciate that they have written some good popular music over the years

Eminem

Foo fighters

http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lymu3n28hc1roz60ho1_r2_400.gif

Elton John. dare I say it Cliff Richard.

Original Poster

drtongue

Elton John. dare I say it Cliff Richard.

I class Elton John as the same generation as Bowie

Nick Cave

Steps.

Kurt Cobain is only one I can think of..

Original Poster

Pearl Jam? Guns and Roses? Radiohead? Muse? Can you tell I like rock?

oh yeah. and radiohead definitely

Depends what you like I guess, music is a lot more fragmented now and the talented people aren't really household names.

Stephin Merritt? Kevin Barnes? Joanna Newsom? That bloke from the Flaming Lips?

No one? Hopefully. This generation is all too young to die and only 'luck knows' if you or I will out live them.

Original Poster

badgerrules

Harry styles

GTFO!

Banned

little mix

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

little mix

And you can GTFO2!!

Eminem!

All my faves are already dead!

As mentioned above, depends on the type of music you're into. For me probably Jay Z, and more recently kendrick lamar. As a songwriter I think Ed Sheeran is very talented. Amy Winehouse (rip) was also an amazing musician imo. Then you've got Eminem and Dr Dre who would've been the best of their generation. Also think Sia is brill.

I think I've listed too many X)

bethesdamse

no-one the last of the good musicians was in the early 80's, it's all … no-one the last of the good musicians was in the early 80's, it's all fabricated what's the word now. It's all about the money or image, not about playing their own instruments.

Disagree, the 90's jad some amazing talent.. Oasis for one.. R.E.M, Radiohead, Richard Ashcroft etc..
Edited by: "haritori" 9th Dec 2016

Banned

sparxuk

And you can GTFO2!!

Ah The Shining is on in a minute

None of u have courage to say it so I'm gonna be the first to say
Justin Bieber

haritori

Disagree, the 90's jad some amazing talent.. Oasis for one..

oh yes i forgot about them!

Mark2111

Steps.

Hear hear. They are great. I am also into west life and the vengaboys at the moment

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

Ah The Shining is on in a minute

And for my next thread, "why are horror films crap nowadays?"

bethesdamse

oh yes i forgot about them!

I agree though that 00's onwards is a hell of a lot of manufactured rubbish, but still some talent about, not much mind.

Original Poster

haritori

Disagree, the 90's jad some amazing talent.. Oasis for one.. R.E.M, … Disagree, the 90's jad some amazing talent.. Oasis for one.. R.E.M, Radiohead, Richard Ashcroft etc..

Honestly one of the best bands I've ever seen live

oasis that is
Edited by: "sparxuk" 10th Dec 2016

iibdii

None of u have courage to say it so I'm gonna be the first to say Justin … None of u have courage to say it so I'm gonna be the first to say Justin Bieber

http://i.imgur.com/9lYvxi4.gif

Banned

sparxuk

And for my next thread, "why are horror films crap nowadays?"

GTFO is an Acronym for Get The**** Out! This phrase was made popular in … GTFO is an Acronym for Get The**** Out! This phrase was made popular in the Horror movie The Shining by Stanley Kubrick, starting Jack Nicholson this was in 1980

Backstreet boys and boyzone. How about jimmy somerville?

bring back thin lizzy
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Free flights to Europe35
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition54498
    3. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)33
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!33

See more discussions