Expired

Who can help me find a Kaftan?? lol

20 replies
Found 24th Nov 2009
My mum is after a Kaftan (long) for Christmas, for when she goes away to hotels with associates/collegues and just wants to 'chuck something on' around the hotel room before they go out.
She has one which is cotton but she doesn't like the material. Think she's after a satin/silk type one.
Only wanna spend about £20 -£30 on it but needs to be about a size 22/24...oh and I need it to be delivered by 13th Dec.

Rep for anyone that can find me one:-D
Many thank xx

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
20 Comments

Original Poster

Your a star, many thanks.....Must remember to dump Bing for Google ASAP:lol:

for when she goes away to hotels with associates/collegues and just wants to 'chuck something on' around the hotel room before they go out.

Sounds so wrong, but I think I understand what you mean. :w00t:

TJ Hughes maybe?

Any decent Asian (Indian/Pakastani) clothes or fabric shop will have Kaftans (also called Kurta). The price will go up with the amount of embroidery or the fabric used...

Ebay got loads too hannah:thumbsup:

Original Poster

kyalion;6989220

for when she goes away to hotels with associates/collegues and just … for when she goes away to hotels with associates/collegues and just wants to 'chuck something on' around the hotel room before they go out. Sounds so wrong, but I think I understand what you mean. :w00t:

lol, u don't realise just how hard I tried to word that the best way I could :lol:

AshleyRFC;6989243

TJ Hughes maybe?

Nope, nuffin:-( Thanks tho

frogman;6989248

Any decent Asian (Indian/Pakastani) clothes or fabric shop will have … Any decent Asian (Indian/Pakastani) clothes or fabric shop will have Kaftans (also called Kurta). The price will go up with the amount of embroidery or the fabric used...

Thanks for that hun, good to know:thumbsup:

Original Poster

rosie2008;6989353

Ebay got loads too hannah:thumbsup:

Hey Rosie, been a while, hope ur well;-)

I haven't looked on there, was worried it might be something they put togther in their back room:lol: but then again....I spose any of these places could :w00t:
Will look now, thanks hun xx

Original Poster

Is 70" Bust HUUUUUUUUGE????

Another thing that might appeal least for this time of year BHS do full length fleece nighties i was size 18/20 pre -pregnancy . MIL bought size 20/22 and it fitted me 9 months pregnant. Very cosy to snuggle up after shower etc

hannah19790;6989381

Hey Rosie, been a while, hope ur well;-)I haven't looked on there, was … Hey Rosie, been a while, hope ur well;-)I haven't looked on there, was worried it might be something they put togther in their back room:lol: but then again....I spose any of these places couldWill look now, thanks hun xx

:giggle: I`d be thinking of something MUCH better to do in the back room:w00t:

I bought one on ebay a while ago,oooooh it`s so comfy,can`t let anyone see it though,it looks like the back garden in middle of summer.lol floral...........dunno what came over me:?:w00t:

hannah19790;6989389

Is 70" Bust HUUUUUUUUGE????

you talking about your mums or the kaftans measurements?:w00t: ;-)

I`ll take it you mean the kaftan. Just been to measure mine and it`s 66inches. I`m a size 12 and it`s ok,loose but dont look really massive. Soooo,I would say bigger the better for your mum:-D

Original Poster

DIVA1977;6989413

Another thing that might appeal least for this time of year BHS do full … Another thing that might appeal least for this time of year BHS do full length fleece nighties i was size 18/20 pre -pregnancy . MIL bought size 20/22 and it fitted me 9 months pregnant. Very cosy to snuggle up after shower etc

Ah thanks for that hun.....although she has asked for a silky material so better stick wiv that as it's a gift Sounds nice for another gift tho:thumbsup:

rosie2008;6989427

I`d be thinking of something MUCH better to do in the back roomI bought … I`d be thinking of something MUCH better to do in the back roomI bought one on ebay a while ago,oooooh it`s so comfy,can`t let anyone see it though,it looks like the back garden in middle of summer.lol floral...........dunno what came over me

Haha me too:lol:
Bet it's lovely really;-) If that's the case...I'll defo have a look
rosie2008;6989514

you talking about your mums or the kaftans measurements?I`ll take it you … you talking about your mums or the kaftans measurements?I`ll take it you mean the kaftan. Just been to measure mine and it`s 66inches. I`m a size 12 and it`s ok,loose but dont look really massive. Soooo,I would say bigger the better for your mum:-D

LMAO yes the Kaftan:lol:......u sure ur not talking 'cm' instead of inches??

Jdwilliams have a couple but they are polyester, I dunno if thats acceptable or not.

Crazy Clearance also have a few.

I thought this one was pretty but it says 20-22 but you know the give on these things.

]http//ww…698

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;6990453

Jdwilliams have a couple but they are polyester, I dunno if thats … Jdwilliams have a couple but they are polyester, I dunno if thats acceptable or not.Crazy Clearance also have a few.I thought this one was pretty but it says 20-22 but you know the give on these things.]http://www.crazyclearance.co.uk/shop/product/details/show.action?pdLpUid=BL043&pdBoUid=9183&lpgUid=11152698#colour:5163,size:XX%20LARGE

Aww yh, like that one.........just ordered one tho:-( MInd u, it is very nice too and I'm sure my mum will like it.....thanks for all your help guys :thumbsup: xx

hannah19790;6991512

Aww yh, like that one.........just ordered one tho:-( MInd u, it is very … Aww yh, like that one.........just ordered one tho:-( MInd u, it is very nice too and I'm sure my mum will like it.....thanks for all your help guys :thumbsup: xx

Sorry hun, got my suggestion in too late. :-(

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;6991657

Sorry hun, got my suggestion in too late. :-(

No not t all, she's bound to want a few knowing her anyway lol, thnks hun x

Thanks for this thread. My Mum LOVES a Kaftan - used to wear them all the time around the house! Perfect crimbo present! Helped me riiiight out! :-D

Original Poster

Daffodil;6993219

Thanks for this thread. My Mum LOVES a Kaftan - used to wear them all the … Thanks for this thread. My Mum LOVES a Kaftan - used to wear them all the time around the house! Perfect crimbo present! Helped me riiiight out! :-D

Oh kl, I'm chuffed I've helped hun :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769502
    2. word association Game74244922
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114649
    4. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1889

See more discussions