who do i complain to regarding a local chemist?

Found 28th Sep 2011
over the last 5 weeks i've had 2 of my prescriptions with tablets missing, yesterday was a biggy an entire box of tablets which the druggies love , the time before was just 2 tablets out of a prescription of 10 tablets, they were diasapan ( spellings)
the chemist is the local one where ALL the druggies go for their fix of what ever they are supposed to be on, they sit outside shouting at everyone who goes in,fighting swearing, drinking, injecting you name it and they've done it outside this chemist.

Ive spoken to the manager in person today who couldnt give me an answer as to where this missing box might have gone?
the box i was given didnt even have a sticky label with the instructions and name on, so the script wasnt even checked before it was handed out?
she also told me when i asked did they do stock checks they dont! they dont check the medicines ever!
surely that cant be right
Im not happy about it as my tablets have my name and DOB on the box ( or it should have) they cant find it, it could have been sold on, or given to the wrong person,
I spoke to a police officer friend and he said the local police are aware of a problem and thats all he would say

so does anyone have any idea who i complain to regarding this chemist? I'm in Wales incase that makes a difference

1. Misc
  2. Tablet
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Tablet
12 Comments

Any complaint regarding a pharmacist, pharmacy technician or the owner of a pharmacy should be made in writing to the General Pharmaceutical Council. You can raise a concern by completing the online complaints form (PDF, 123KB) and returning it to the General Pharmaceutical Council either by email at concerns@pharmacyregulation.org or by post at:
Raising a concern
GPhC
129 Lambeth Road
LONDON
SE1 7BJ
Phone: 020 3365 3603

Above taken from this page - nhs.uk/NHS…spx

shotgun

Original Poster

thanks gavjbrown & slamdunkin

Nice chemist surely you can pickup your scrip somewhere else?

Original Poster

Nailez

Nice chemist surely you can pickup your scrip somewhere else?

it is the closest one to my gp but im not using that one again i think its safer to walk the mile to boots!

thanks for the link Plum i am printing it now
Edited by: "vinylandtrinkets" 28th Sep 2011

Mod & Ed

I think I would be changing my chemist to one in a different area oO

Regular audits should be part of their system, I would be amazed if they didn't have a procedure in place, they have to account for their controlled drugs, sounds like one of the assistants may well be substituting scripts and selling the tablets on, if the police are aware, the manager may well be saying they dont have a stock check policy in place to allow the thief to continue feeling safe and allow them to be caught

Original Poster

wishihadadonkey

I think I would be changing my chemist to one in a different area … I think I would be changing my chemist to one in a different area oORegular audits should be part of their system, I would be amazed if they didn't have a procedure in place, they have to account for their controlled drugs, sounds like one of the assistants may well be substituting scripts and selling the tablets on, if the police are aware, the manager may well be saying they dont have a stock check policy in place to allow the thief to continue feeling safe and allow them to be caught

you could be right there hun, but i can well believe they dont have anything in place, surely the computer system would be able to take a stock check at the end of every day.
i just find it all very strange, if it was a box of normal pain killers then i would have still complained to the manager but the tablets i have the local druggie love! ive had one stand next to me when i handed my script in ask if i take them all! this was years ago but still

A Chemist that sells "Drugs" will have to by law do a weekly Stock take if not a daily stock take.

BTW: How much are you selling your drugs on for (Sniff-Sniff).

Out of curiosity where is the chemist?

Original Poster

its a local chemist in Aberdare, and no i wasnt selling them myself, the bad thing is they are also the only pharmacy that drolls out the druggies crap. so not only do they get their kicks from there, they shout and abuse who ever is in the shop and the owners dont do a thing about it, the police do very little either!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions