Groups

Who do you think should be Player of the year?

thesun.co.uk/sol…tml

So far I see Berbatov's on the lead. What do you think?

24 Comments

Berbatov on his change of goal scoring form, see how the rest of the season pans out, but I would have to say Nasri is my favourite player atm joy to watch.

If I went off who would I most like to sign out of that 6 I'd go for Tevez.

As an all round player he is the best IMO.
    Edited by: "greg_68" 26th Jan 2011

Woah, Berba is miles ahead, I voted Nasri anyway like adam2050 said above he is a joy to watch, and I'm not too used to seeing skills like that being a Bluenose

Berbatov has had about eight good games in the Premier League this season (fair enough, in each he's scored a hatful of goals). For me out of those it would have to be Tevez or Nasri (probably Tevez) aas both have put in good performances week after week.

Pointless trying to predict this with almost four months of the season left though, anything could happen between now and May.
    Edited by: "midlandscomics" 26th Jan 2011

Berbatov

19 goals in 23 games, he's on Ronaldo's form (almost). Could get 35+ by the end of the season which would be incredible. Funny how he has totally transformed this season and Rooney has gone the other way.

scott parker

greg_68

19 goals in 23 games, he's on Ronaldo's form (almost). Could get 35+ by … 19 goals in 23 games, he's on Ronaldo's form (almost). Could get 35+ by the end of the season which would be incredible. Funny how he has totally transformed this season and Rooney has gone the other way.

It's actually 19 in 9 games (inc 1 in the Community Shield) oO Unplayable when on form, but still inconsistent. For that reason alone I wouldn't give him player of the season.
    Edited by: "midlandscomics" 26th Jan 2011

Banned

Richard Keys?

1) Berba 2) Tevez 3) Van Der Vart 4) Nani 5) Charlie Adam

midlandscomics

It's actually 19 in 9 games (inc 1 in the Community Shield) oO … It's actually 19 in 9 games (inc 1 in the Community Shield) oO Unplayable when on form, but still inconsistent. For that reason alone I wouldn't give him player of the season.

He's played in 20 of those 23 league games hasn't he?

vibeone

Richard Keys?

If he was included he would 'smash it'.

Banned

matt3454

If he was included he would 'smash it'.

Indeed. New avi!

greg_68

He's played in 20 of those 23 league games hasn't he?

Don't know, but I'd imagine so. I mean't that all of those goals have come in just 9 games (which is an amazing feat) - I've seen a lot of anonymous performances from him as well though. That's why at the moment I wouldn't say he's been player of the season (So far). Nasri, Tevez (and to some extent, Charlie Adam) have all had more good games than Berbatov this season, it's just that he's had a few 'outstanding' games. On the flip-side, Berbatov has probably also had more poor games this season than any of the others on the list.

vibeone

Indeed. New avi!

I think you should BEAR all .........

Banned

smithyp1

I think you should BEAR all .........

inb4 this thread get confusing

Cant believe nobody has smentioned Garath Bale.
    Not a Spurs fan but he has been superb this season.

Has bale been that great though apart from a few good games?

I don't really think theres been one stand out player this year. Quite a few have had the occasional excellent game though.

I think luka modric has been out best player. Vidic will up there.

matt3454

Has bale been that great though apart from a few good games?I don't … Has bale been that great though apart from a few good games?I don't really think theres been one stand out player this year. Quite a few have had the occasional excellent game though.

/\ This

If you're going for consistently good performances I'd say Hernandez at United has got to be up there, has always done a good job when called upon. South Americans have always taken time to find their feet in England, but he's been really impressive.

Nasri.

midlandscomics

/\ ThisIf you're going for consistently good performances I'd say … /\ ThisIf you're going for consistently good performances I'd say Hernandez at United has got to be up there, has always done a good job when called upon. South Americans have always taken time to find their feet in England, but he's been really impressive.

Hernandez is from Mexico not South America but he has an excellent start to his career at Man U. I would personally say that Bale has caught the eye the majority I have seen Spurs and been the stand out player for me.

True Berbatov has been hit and miss, However since Rooney's been back Berbatov has really clicked, Rooney compliments Berbatov, Was the opposite last season, The roles reversed. He's a special player who can simply walk the ball in, It sticks to his feet.

For me it's:

1. Charlie Adam - Step up to the big league and he's doing fantastic
    2. Nasri - Pure Class
    3. Berbatov - Mr Goals
    4. Van der Vaart

Worst players
    1. Rooney - Whats going on!
    2. Joe Cole - A shadow of himself

Joke supporters of the Year
    Wigans away support at Arsenal
    Edited by: "super_leeds_86" 26th Jan 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2630
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047138
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would22
      4. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2548

See more discussions