Groups

Who else finds Your and You're mis-spellings VERY annoying!!!

OK! Im not posting to cause offense and I know you find this all over the web and I know it's partly laziness but who else gets extremely annoyed by the sheer volume of posts spelt incorrectly. Especially Your and You're.

This also applies to there, their and they're but the former gets me more as it's just so simple.

Just interested if it's just me!

Rant Over!

265 Comments

who else gets extremely annoyed but the sheer volume of posts spelt … who else gets extremely annoyed but the sheer volume of posts spelt incorrectly.

epic fail?

i assume u meant By instead of but, yeah youre right .....it annoys me

but but but its the interwebs
    Its the done thing

umm yeah cant spell yourself so why even post this it is like you are asking for a argument.

I'm with you on this ms2005. I don't even think it's pedantry, it's basic education/laziness.
    New word of the day spotted on another forum - Iver - care to guess how it's used/what it means?

I Lol'd

GigerPunk;4035536

I'm with you on this ms2005. I don't even think it's pedantry, it's basic … I'm with you on this ms2005. I don't even think it's pedantry, it's basic education/laziness.New word of the day spotted on another forum - Iver - care to guess how it's used/what it means?

I never, Just a guess.

Banned

Its laziness most of the time but I disagree with one point...its not mis-spelling at all, its not about spelling its about using the right word and getting them muddled up...I do it all the time tbf

kungfu;4035495

epic fail?

your not wrong

"Just interested if it's just me!"

Statement or question?

I don't mind...........just because people have trouble spelling doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to participate without the Snob Nazi's getting on their case.

Banned

GigerPunk;4035536

I'm with you on this ms2005. I don't even think it's pedantry, it's basic … I'm with you on this ms2005. I don't even think it's pedantry, it's basic education/laziness.New word of the day spotted on another forum - Iver - care to guess how it's used/what it means?

So if I say your rather than you're or their rather than there...does that mean I'm not educated?

I do it all the time but seriously I'm interested as to people commenting on this being from a badly educated person

wheres the op gone? have you got over the embarrassment of the fail?

its not spelling, but the wrong use of the word

I get much more annoyed by people not using apostrophes, for example

OK! Im not posting to cause offense

:whistling:

BlondeBella - Nope, nothing so obvious, care to try again?

How about the amount of times people say "They could care less?" when they actually mean they couldn't care less...grrrr.

tbh No doesn't bother me one little bit!!

Offense = offence :whistling:

Banned

you can add

there/their and they're to your list

Banned

barneydog;4035585

I get much more annoyed by people not using apostrophes, for … I get much more annoyed by people not using apostrophes, for example:whistling:

hahahahahahahahahaha

Morning Barney...EPIC entrance

Alfonse;4035584

its not spelling, but the wrong use of the word

yep which the OP demonstrated beautifully for us.

Oh no not spelling again lol

Original Poster

kungfu;4035578

wheres the op gone? have you got over the embarrassment of the fail?

Was looking elsewhere if that is allowed?

I think you will find the but/by was more of an oversight than a general not being able to spell.

I also clearly posted that it was not to cause offence but, like a cat, I was curious.

Banned

casparwhite;4035598

you can add there/their and they're to your list

its been in the OP since thread was posted :?

kungfu;4035602

yep which the OP demonstrated beautifully for us.

I know, public suicide

Inactive;4035596

Offense = offence :whistling:

So lets sum this up......This is a thread from someone moaning about other peoples spelling, and the opening post contains two yes [SIZE="5"]TWO [/SIZE]spelling errors.....:oops::oops::oops:

ODB_69;4035601

hahahahahahahahahahaMorning Barney...EPIC entrance

Morning ODB :thumbsup:

TBH I couldn't care how their spelling is as long as it's readable.

The only thing I dislike on forums is text speak.

spelling speling spelin : I hate know it all's

nikkib123;4035625

I know hahahaha :roll:

Of all the things, I didn't expect to see another haha!!

Banned

ODB_69;4035621

its been in the OP since thread was posted :?

where i cannot see....must be blind?

or am i

thats yes.........as i wipe the sleep from my eyes

What is OP btw please?

ODB_69;4035573

So if I say your rather than you're or their rather than there...does … So if I say your rather than you're or their rather than there...does that mean I'm not educated?I do it all the time but seriously I'm interested as to people commenting on this being from a badly educated person

I didn't say it was purely bad education, I DID also mention laziness. I don't assume it's dyslexia as that generally shows with other words being mis-spelled (spl?), this is more the misuse of the wrong words/punctuation. The occasional slips of letters I'm fine with, lack of/too many apostrophe's I can even grin and bear, but the wrong use of words really gets me - say what you mean and mean what you say.

So, just because you say your rather than you're or there rather than they're or their doesn't mean you're an illterate oaf, it could just be that you're a lazy sod who can't be bothered to make an effort.
    And this is coming from someone who went to a comp, not a grammar school btw.

Banned

barneydog;4035632

Morning ODB :thumbsup:TBH I counldn't care how their spelling is as long … Morning ODB :thumbsup:TBH I counldn't care how their spelling is as long as it's readable.The only thing I dislike on forums is text speak.

Oh god that stuff annoys the bejesus outta me...I mean whats that about?

Dont mind LOL, LMAO, WTF etc but the other stuff is just a joke...its not even readable unless you have a full frontal labotomy

kungfu;4035631

So lets sum this up......This is a thread from someone moaning about … So lets sum this up......This is a thread from someone moaning about other peoples spelling, and the opening post contains two yes [SIZE=5]TWO [/SIZE]spelling errors.....:oops::oops::oops:

FAIL?

YES

brb off to punch someone for incorrect spelling

Banned

nearly everybody that starts these spelling thingys actually f***s up

i remember scotland somebody did the same

then backtracked to try n say he done it on purpose lmao

Original Poster

kungfu;4035631

So lets sum this up......This is a thread from someone moaning about … So lets sum this up......This is a thread from someone moaning about other peoples spelling, and the opening post contains two yes [SIZE="5"]TWO [/SIZE]spelling errors.....:oops::oops::oops:

That's not a spelling error, offence is to commit an offence. Offense is to cause offense so do me a favour sweetheart...

Banned

*katie*;4035661

What is OP btw please?

Original Post OR Original Poster :thumbsup:

Banned

nah not really, have a friend who is very dyslexic and we chat via msn, so am pretty used to working it out for myself, i havent really seen anything on here that you don't know what someone is saying, seen lots on here just use someones spelling to have a jibe though

ms2005;4035684

That's not a spelling error, offence is to commit an offence. Offense is … That's not a spelling error, offence is to commit an offence. Offense is to cause offense so do me a favour sweetheart...

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j154/beattyboo37/dummyspit.gif

Ahh thank you, i would never of got that!

Banned

ms2005;4035684

That's not a spelling error, offence is to commit an offence. Offense is … That's not a spelling error, offence is to commit an offence. Offense is to cause offense so do me a favour sweetheart...

what about afence?

Lets just face its no one is perfect not even me :lol: :giggle:

Original Poster

kungfu;4035694

well, don't come on here trying to pick an argument when I've CLEARLY stated the intention was quite the contrary, and expect any form of respect from me.

Oh yeah, and in case anyone's still wondering (doubtful but you never know)
    Iver = Either, as in "Iver on of the other" or "iver friends or family"
    I thought to start with it was a further abreviation of "I have a...", or "I've a..."
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3871528
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…2282
      3. word association Game72944196
      4. WHY CANT I JUST TYPE IN THE TEXT BOX77

See more discussions