Who else is waiting for xmas deliveries??

69 replies
Found 23rd Dec 2010
Fed up. Ordered all of my xmas pressies for my children and family online, last ones ordered on the 15th. Still waiting for most of them! Some arrived yesterday (Royal Mail), first time we've seen the postie in a week. But couriers seem to take longer. I absolutely love snow, but not liking this! Do you think the children would notice if we celebrated xmas next week?
Humpf!

69 Comments

hope u get them in time ! my OH works for DHL and they say they are up to date so hopefully postie not too far behind too

Still waiting on books from Amazon ordered 6th just looked on site,

National Distribution Centre
Arrival Scan - Dec 20, 2010 3:24:17 PM

So whether we'll see them is anyones guess
Edited by: "greg_68" 23rd Dec 2010

Strangely, all my orders were delivered very quick, the last one was ordered on Monday afternoon on Amazon, arrived on Wednesday. I am in Chelmsford.

Amazon too- :-/

Banned

don't know why people order things on the 15th of december hoping to get them for christmas day, kinda stupid. i ordered most of my stuff in october/november and a few things at the start of december, everything has arrived except 1 thing from play which isn't important anyway

Their is a major backlog at sorting offices, They're struggling to get everything delivered, Only delivering some.

Original Poster

Contacted one courier, hubby allowed to collect as they couldn't deliver yesterday. But now they can't locate our parcel...

Banned

You're all idiots. Christmas shopping should be done in November.

The first present I ordered is also the only one not to arrive. Dispatched from Amazon on the 11th Dec. Wondering whether I will have to buy my Stepsister something else now.

I have found the couriers excellent though, both my Scan and Dabs orders arrived within 24hrs.

I'm also hearing the older stuff (like mine) is last in the queue as rather than delay everyones they are delivering recently ordered to keep them happy in the knowledge that the previously delayed stuff (like mine) was already late anyway.

2 have arrived just awaiting on 2 more, they only have today and tomorrow right?

Date Time Location Event Details
23 Dec 2010 03:24:00 AM Wednesbury West Midlands GB Arrival Scan
20 Dec 2010 05:46:00 AM Wednesbury West Midlands GB Departure Scan

Why are they both at the same place, the arrival scan should be the delivery depot right?

Hope it comes before xmas

Im waiting for some last minute stocking fillers from Amazon. :-(

Royal Mail seems to be fine (NW).. My last order off ebay was ordered 20th posted 2nd class on 21st and arrived today..

Is it worth contacting Amazon, will they push it along, just ignore it or stick it in the 60ft tall query pile?

greg_68

Is it worth contacting Amazon, will they push it along, just ignore it or … Is it worth contacting Amazon, will they push it along, just ignore it or stick it in the 60ft tall query pile?

Hmmm that's what I'm thinking?

Ordered fallout new vegas from ASDA online and after several emails they have finally replied to tell me they are having "stock issues". Suggested i could either cancel the order or wait as it shouldn't be too long before they can dispatch it. This being two days before Christmas. Must be some of the worst customer service i have ever received.

nikkib123

Hmmm that's what I'm thinking?

Have emailed them anyway, the chances of it coming in the next 24 hours are slim given that they couldn't get it here in the last 16 days. have had a fair bit of other stuff delivered from them ordered at later dates too. seems this one has gone astray. Will have to do what we do every other year, give them late and say Santa forgot this one at Christmas and had come back with it.

Edited by: "greg_68" 23rd Dec 2010

Original Poster

I ordered most well before the 15th, I would have thought that would have been in plenty of time normally. They are normal 'in stock' items, not special order or anything. Didn't have an opportunity really to order before then (not well). But I will order earlier next year, I don't want to stress out like this ever again.

Zer0Cool

don't know why people order things on the 15th of december hoping to get … don't know why people order things on the 15th of december hoping to get them for christmas day, kinda stupid. i ordered most of my stuff in october/november and a few things at the start of december, everything has arrived except 1 thing from play which isn't important anyway

Had a great big pile of letters and parcels delivered by RM yesterday - looks like about a week's worth (Newport area). Only one parcel short now, but stuff ordered from Play and Tiffany's last week has now all arrived, thank God....

greg_68

Have emailed them anyway, the chances of it coming in the next 24 hours … Have emailed them anyway, the chances of it coming in the next 24 hours are slim given that they coldn't get it here in the last 16.

I got a delivery on Christmas Eve from them last year, so all hope is not gone!

Original Poster

I would cancel and get it elsewhere.

stevieglesga

Ordered fallout new vegas from ASDA online and after several emails they … Ordered fallout new vegas from ASDA online and after several emails they have finally replied to tell me they are having "stock issues". Suggested i could either cancel the order or wait as it shouldn't be too long before they can dispatch it. This being two days before Christmas. Must be some of the worst customer service i have ever received.

My most important Play.com order has turned up this morning - placed order 9th Dec (phewwwww)... 2 others are still missing from them, hopefully Mr. Postman will deliver them tomorrow

well do your christmas shopping on boxingday , i got about £1300 worth of prezzies last boxingday for this christmas fro less than £500

Banned

Fatal Error

Date Time Location Event Details23 Dec 2010 03:24:00 AM Wednesbury … Date Time Location Event Details23 Dec 2010 03:24:00 AM Wednesbury West Midlands GB Arrival Scan20 Dec 2010 05:46:00 AM Wednesbury West Midlands GB Departure ScanWhy are they both at the same place, the arrival scan should be the delivery depot right?Hope it comes before xmas

because it arrives at a depot, gets sorted and then it leaves the same depot

Original Poster

yozzman1234

well do your christmas shopping on boxingday , i got about £1300 worth of … well do your christmas shopping on boxingday , i got about £1300 worth of prezzies last boxingday for this christmas fro less than £500

I was actually thinking I might just do that. Only I'll wait until end of year/Jan. Boxing day is for lazing about with a glass of something and stuffing your face with leftovers (and trying to get the children not to argue)

KillFelix

You're all idiots. Christmas shopping should be done in November.

Ditto.

i never shop online for xmas. im actually going to buy my xmas pressies today

i'm still waiting for three parcels,one firebox,one laura ashley,and one notonthehighstreet,all ordered early dec ! my post has been rubbish with things damaged,split open etc,vouchers i was awarded from work and ticketmaster tickets have gone missing ! and my nvq book seems to have dissappeared as well !i'm right fed up !!!!

Original Poster

I hope not!! oO

greg_68

I'm also hearing the older stuff (like mine) is last in the queue as … I'm also hearing the older stuff (like mine) is last in the queue as rather than delay everyones they are delivering recently ordered to keep them happy in the knowledge that the previously delayed stuff (like mine) was already late anyway.

All mine have arrived, last one arrived on Monday

No post for the entire block for the 5th working day in a row, and before that had one post for the entire block in about 8 working days yet we live a few minutes walk from sorting office.

Now that is lazy posties.

Crisis averted, my Amazon delivery just arrived. Well done postie

Just need to make a trip to Thorntons and I'm done.

we've had parcels due from city-link, DHL, DX and parcel force/royal mail. all due last week. but ordered at various times through november an first week of december. so far city-link have delivered, but only after i phoned the regional manager who made the depot manager look through 75000 parcels to find it then get a driver to bring it up on his way home. DHL finally passed it to one of their home delivery drivers yesterday who, after i and other customers rang him asking when he was delivering them, decided he was fed up of having to deal with the after effects of DHL's lies and resigned. so my parcel is in his house waiting for a van to go pick it up. this van got "stuck in the snow" on the way (even though all main roads are perfectly clear here now. so i may or may not get this one. who knows? not DHL thats for sure. DX delivered as normal , and some of the post office/parcel force stuff has got through but more remains. all in all a bloody nightmare with DHL being far and away the worst to deal with. the first CS person i spoke to yesterday told me to "P*** off" just for asking if i could give him a tracking number.

Waiting on 10 packages, 6 from play, one from zavvi posted 6th december and 3 from amazon. not looking good.More than i thought after i counted them all up,Dont think i will be ordering from zavvi anymore, no replies to my 3 emails either.

I ordered from ebuyer at 22.55 last night.

My parcels still haven't arrived

Im awaiting 2 parcels from Amazon (purchased 16th), hoping they turn up today then thats me all done!

Original Poster

Amazon, Play.com are slow at the best of times. Just had one delivery (ToysrUs) so I'm a little less stressed out.

5 of mine just turned up when I was looking at this thread and was going to say I still have some to come, how spooky is that

Still got a keyboard and mouse to come what I ordered from amazon on the 5th and still not turned up.

Keyboard just turned up aswell X)

Mine have just turned up! Result!

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3285
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226646
    3. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4176
    4. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993251

See more discussions