I'm doing a nice chicken this year..

Oh and Merry Christmas to All
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
Scotland131425/12/2019 15:05

Cook the turkey upside down it makes it moist works every time

Tried that last year, got such a headache I'm standing on my feet from now on.
33 Comments
Thought I'd be the only one! Not the biggest fan of turkey so we've got chicken, lamb and beef

Merry Christmas!
Same here. Find turkey to be a bit dry sometimes and a bit over rated tbh. Chicken wins for tenderness every time! Still feels festive with the sprouts etc.
I done beef.
Did it yesterday so today lots of leftovers and party food and chilling.
Chicken and beef.
Merry Christmas everyone
Nobody in my house likes turkey, we have beef and lamb
Stanmore6325/12/2019 13:28

Same here. Find turkey to be a bit dry sometimes and a bit over rated tbh. …Same here. Find turkey to be a bit dry sometimes and a bit over rated tbh. Chicken wins for tenderness every time! Still feels festive with the sprouts etc.

Yep. Chicken Christmas dinner is the same as turkey, except nicer. I can't see the point in turkey other than tradition. It has zero benefits over chicken.
Edited by: "deeky" 25th Dec 2019
summerof7625/12/2019 13:40

Merry Christmas everyone Nobody in my house likes turkey, we …Merry Christmas everyone Nobody in my house likes turkey, we have beef and lamb

Beef AND lamb? You must be proper wadded sumsum.

Merry Christmas btw
No turkey or chicken here, just a vegetarian Christmas dinner with roast potatoes and vegetables.
I'm not doing a Turkey this year.
They're difficult to catch with your pants around your ankles... said a friend
deeky25/12/2019 13:40

Yep. Chicken Christmas dinner is the same as turkey, except nicer. I can't …Yep. Chicken Christmas dinner is the same as turkey, except nicer. I can't see the point in turkey other than tradition. It has zero benefits over chicken.

Yes. When you see how much people are willing to spend on a 'reserved' Turkey around here from a local butcher/farm !!! It definitely points to the fact that some people have more money than sense ...
We have just finished our chicken Christmas dinner here and it was delicious 😋
Christmas delayed till tomorrow so Mexican fajitas here
Having turkey this year, would've had chicken jalfrezi. Xmas day my first cooked dinner since 1st Dec

That was on a tv programme, something about baking powder to brown and then first half upside down and then second half right way up
deleted1965997
I’m cooking duck.

Turkey is massively overpriced this time of the year and tbh I’m bored of it.

Tried that last year, got such a headache I'm standing on my feet from now on.
We ain’t having turkey either just don’t like so steak pies from the farm shop. We’re delicious.
Did my lamb in the slow cooker yesterday with garlic and rosemary
just going to crisp some up
Emmental and asparagus parcels here, the kids have gone veggie and cba to do meat for one but usually have turkey crown and beef. 1st year veggie for one and 3rd for the other.
Weirdos
It ain’t turkey it ain’t Christmas
ndyanem25/12/2019 15:21

That was on a tv programme, something about baking powder to brown and …That was on a tv programme, something about baking powder to brown and then first half upside down and then second half right way up

That was "Inside the Christmas Factory".
Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell25/12/2019 14:18

I'm not doing a Turkey this year.They're difficult to catch with your …I'm not doing a Turkey this year.They're difficult to catch with your pants around your ankles... said a friend

This guy?
Always Lamb at our house
Its dry = dont know how to cook it
ashmac25/12/2019 18:35

It ain’t turkey it ain’t Christmas

But hey that's just your opinion. Which quite frankly was not needed on this thread
#Noteveryonelikesturkey
deeky25/12/2019 13:40

Yep. Chicken Christmas dinner is the same as turkey, except nicer. I can't …Yep. Chicken Christmas dinner is the same as turkey, except nicer. I can't see the point in turkey other than tradition. It has zero benefits over chicken.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
I haven't had turkey for Christmas in years. I always found them tasteless, and too expensive. We just have chicken.
Alexandralocks25/12/2019 20:58

But hey that's just your opinion. Which quite frankly was not needed on …But hey that's just your opinion. Which quite frankly was not needed on this thread #Noteveryonelikesturkey

oh. I thought that was going to be 'but hey ,yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion man'
I had mince beef. Didn't celebrate Christmas this year as my elderly father is stuck in hospital, we'll have a late Chrismas if/when he gets out.

Was planning on roast beef.
Edited by: "melted" 26th Dec 2019
melted26/12/2019 01:02

I had mince beef. Didn't celebrate Christmas this year as my elderly …I had mince beef. Didn't celebrate Christmas this year as my elderly father is stuck in hospital, we'll have a late Chrismas if/when he gets out.Was planning on roast beef.

Hope it all turns out for the best. Not a nice time of year to be stuck in a hospital.
Ahmet Necdet Sezer for example is not doing the Turkey because he's not their president anymore. Unless you meant turkey starting with small 't' - then anyone who've ordered their bird off of Tesco online shopping is not doing the Turkey since they've run out of stock
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants