Who is America - Channel 4 on demand- Cannot stream it

Found 18th Jul
I'm trying to watch "Who is America":
channel4.com/pro…ica

I've opened an account with channel4.com, enabled Flash on Firefox and disabled all adblockers.

All I can see is a rotating circle in the middle of the screen and nothing more. My broadband connection is quite good and I never had any problem streaming videos.

Is it just me?
Community Updates
Ask
27 Comments
I watched it on the app via fire TV, its very funny.
I should have mentioned this is on a laptop, not Android.
No idea, but didn't realise it was available in the UK! Totally going to watch it, so glad I don't have to use a US Smart DNS or VPN to watch it , thanks for the unintentional heads up!
Try it on Chrome?
LilHammerette21 m ago

Try it on Chrome?

No, because Flash doesn't work on Chrome.
gorgo201512 m ago

No, because Flash doesn't work on Chrome.

It still does, though I remember Google saying it doesn't. You just have to click to enable Flash now.
In chrome you enable flash and turn off your ad blocker (if you're using one).
Episode 1 is on channel 4 tonight at 11.
RiverDragon88 h, 43 m ago

In chrome you enable flash and turn off your ad blocker (if you're using …In chrome you enable flash and turn off your ad blocker (if you're using one).

Not on my system.
gorgo201544 s ago

Not on my system.

But the problem is not Flash. It is that the bloody thing just doesn't even start!
gorgo20153 h, 7 m ago

But the problem is not Flash. It is that the bloody thing just doesn't …But the problem is not Flash. It is that the bloody thing just doesn't even start!

Try a different browser.
hearts221 h, 27 m ago

Try a different browser.

So, did it work for you?
jamie01515 h, 35 m ago

No idea, but didn't realise it was available in the UK! Totally going to …No idea, but didn't realise it was available in the UK! Totally going to watch it, so glad I don't have to use a US Smart DNS or VPN to watch it , thanks for the unintentional heads up!

You're welcome. Are you going to share with us if you have watched it and what browser you used, as I haven't got a useful answer yet?
was mostly disappointed with 1st episode, was one very funny bit in last five mins but it seem mostly wrong him sat playing characters taking the piss when the freaky interviewees were actually just mostly gullible fools,
Most of his targets would probably end up institutionalised/commited if at a party they entered into a serious discussion with a doctor a priest and a policeman
maddogb18 m ago

was mostly disappointed with 1st episode, was one very funny bit in last …was mostly disappointed with 1st episode, was one very funny bit in last five mins but it seem mostly wrong him sat playing characters taking the piss when the freaky interviewees were actually just mostly gullible fools,Most of his targets would probably end up institutionalised/commited if at a party they entered into a serious discussion with a doctor a priest and a policeman

So, I'm curious, how did you stream it?
gorgo20151 h, 48 m ago

You're welcome. Are you going to share with us if you have watched it and …You're welcome. Are you going to share with us if you have watched it and what browser you used, as I haven't got a useful answer yet?

I will probably be using my PS4 or Smart TV, not a browser.
I was able to install Flash Player on Chromium: same result. Only a spinning wheel but no stream!
You're not using Linux are you?

Doesnt work on my Firefox through Linux, but does work on my Firefox through Windows.
1nvjoqjm39 m ago

You're not using Linux are you?Doesnt work on my Firefox through Linux, …You're not using Linux are you?Doesnt work on my Firefox through Linux, but does work on my Firefox through Windows.

Yes, I'm using Debian.
I spoofed my user agent string to simulate Firefox on Windows 10 but I still got nothing!
It’s on Ch4. Thanks will go look for it
gorgo201526 m ago

I spoofed my user agent string to simulate Firefox on Windows 10 but I …I spoofed my user agent string to simulate Firefox on Windows 10 but I still got nothing!

I don't think it's something you can spoof. I think there's something that's missing from the OS which needs added first.

If you search Google for "Linux 4od" it'll show it's a common issue and there's some suggested solutions.
gorgo20156 h, 3 m ago

So, I'm curious, how did you stream it?

ah i didn't i just saw it was coming up and scheduled it for recording then was bored so started watching it 15mins in so i could ff over the ads
1nvjoqjm13 m ago

I don't think it's something you can spoof. I think there's something …I don't think it's something you can spoof. I think there's something that's missing from the OS which needs added first.If you search Google for "Linux 4od" it'll show it's a common issue and there's some suggested solutions.

Thanks. I have WINE installed. I'll install Chrome and Firefox for Windows on WINE and see what happens.
gorgo20151 m ago

Thanks. I have WINE installed. I'll install Chrome and Firefox for Windows …Thanks. I have WINE installed. I'll install Chrome and Firefox for Windows on WINE and see what happens.

lot of effort, it was ch4 will probably be repeated 50times this week
maddogb2 m ago

lot of effort, it was ch4 will probably be repeated 50times this week

Or I'll just wait 5 years and watch it on Dave!
I took the easy option and recorded it last night. Quite a funny programme
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants