Groups

who is rick astley / what is rick rolling?

The concept rick rolling may not be known to everyone - the very subtle (not really lol) 'girlfriend problems' thread is an example of this

This guardian article explains how this all came about

music.guardian.co.uk/new…tml

8 Comments

was quite funny really...never heard of [URL=""]rick rolling[/URL] until now hehe....:thumbsup:

I'm still chuckling about the earlier thread.

bellabonkers;1753684

was quite funny really...never heard of [URL=""]rick rolling[/URL] until … was quite funny really...never heard of [URL=""]rick rolling[/URL] until now hehe....:thumbsup:

Me neither but i'm old and sad enough to recognise SAW lyrics anywhere.

Shengis;1753717

Me neither but i'm old and sad enough to recognise SAW lyrics anywhere.

Once heard, never forgotten. :w00t:

nightswimmer;1753722

Once heard, never forgotten. :w00t:

An unfortunate truth :lol:

Rick Astley is a more ginger Gary Barlow. Remember his comeback single in the 90s when he had long ginger hair? ]http//ww…1zI
    There's a great PWL doc where Pete says that RA made £12 million from his first album then basically went 'sod it' and couldn't be arsed to work again. Fair play to the lad. I wish many other rubbish singers did the same.
    Fairly interesting story on his wiki page about the film 'Cashback' which i've seen and is pretty good, if you're interested. He's the Ole Gunnar Solskjaer of music.

At no point today did I think that i'd spend half an hour tonight looking up Rick Astley on the internet.

Rick Astley lives near me (Cirencester), he drove by me and my mates in a convertible Merc and I thought I was being really funny by shouting 'Hey Rick, I am NEVER gonna give you up', needless to say, he didn't laugh and drove off aiming two fingers at me.

Heh, I love interview at the end of the article.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cracked windscreen, is it safe and legal to drive?1319
      2. CAR QUESTION: Difference Between Lexus IS300 and Lexus IS300h?715
      3. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?44
      4. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?813

See more discussions