Groups

Who is snowed in today...

..."Unfortunately" for me...all the surrounding roads near me are closed...so no work for me lol...

is everyone enjoying the snow?

140 Comments

Banned

I HATE YOU

I was hoping for a ton of snow :-(

I opened my door this morning and the snow was up to the door! haven't seen it snow this much in England since i was born! (17 Years) lol

Original Poster

ODB_69 its cos u have so much heat lol....it wont allow to get near you.

I called work and said i cant make it...sounds like imtrying to get out of work but it really is too dangerous...so im goingto enjoy it while it lasts.

they say its going to get worse by the end of the day blizzards, more snow and freezing roads guess schools wont be open tomorrow

Yep its pretty bad here to say it hardly ever snows. I think the snow is still going to be on and off today

Banned

ttwcd;4255699

they say its going to get worse by the end of the day blizzards, more … they say its going to get worse by the end of the day blizzards, more snow and freezing roads guess schools wont be open tomorrow

*prays*

please god please

fair bit of snow here. Dunno whether to go and learn stuff.... hmmmmm

we got lotssss of snow n its still comin down heavy woohooo

I did go out in the car but gave up! allthough i am based at home so it's never bad enough for me not to work:x

Lichfield in Staffs is where i am!

ODB_69;4255704

*prays*please god please

loadsa snow here, post ya some :roll:

Original Poster

Southampton is where im based and it never snows here

Original Poster

always remember...

"Never eat yellow snow!"

Snowed in here :-D

ODB_69;4255704

*prays*please god please

well they said its going to get worse as the day goes on more snow, blizzards, and then its all gonna freeze later then more snow early hours of morning yipeeee well happy now need to find me gloves hat then im off to play

Banned

strike;4255729

loadsa snow here, post ya some :roll:

plenty about, just not heavy enough to use as an excuse..at least 1 foot before it would be ok probs

stephen2k5;4255735

always remember..."Never eat yellow snow!"

son informed me last night after pub im an mates were writing their name in snow last night
    (yea i bet it was cold )

Original Poster

We've got radio solent on and keep hearing so many warnings not to go out if you can help it...so i say "ok" to that

Yep, loads of snow here tho its stopped now. They promised us a blizzard later - yeah! My two schools are closed, assume the rest are too - here in Stevenage, Herts

got a good couple of inches here. That's the cold weather for you

Original Poster

i hope its alright tomoro, i work at a sony centre, and on tuesday there is usually 3 of us...and my boss is on holiday so only leaves 2 of us...if i cant get to work....we're ******ed lol

I can't help but laugh at how things come to a halt because a little bit of snow. Motorways closed, Tube closed except for Victoria Line and London Buses off the roads.

What would happen if we got real bad weather? :w00t:

Day off work --- roads closed Result... :thumbsup:

Original Poster

its still weird to watch it all on the telly.........snow in london?? ....very rare!

has anyone built a snowman yet?

I battled, was first one off our street this morning so it was all fresh snow rather than compacted ice, considering its on a slight incline I did quite well, very unusual to see snow all the way to warrington though

Im sat in work right now..watching it snow
    May get snowed out rather than in

Could be an unusually high number of daytime users on HUKD today! ;-)

Banned

Syzable;4255803

I can't help but laugh at how things come to a halt because a little bit … I can't help but laugh at how things come to a halt because a little bit of snow. Motorways closed, Tube closed except for Victoria Line and London Buses off the roads.What would happen if we got real bad weather? :w00t:

yeah totally! its been going on for millions of years and we act like the world is falling in

wonder how long before Global Warming is mentioned?

ODB they havent even managed to grit round here the irony of it is the grit store is bout 1/2 a mile away and all the farmers are paid to do it except they all go and do the same roads!!! so us mountain folk get 2 choices go out and crash or stay in lol

Original Poster

ODB_69;4255917

yeah totally! its been going on for millions of years and we act like the … yeah totally! its been going on for millions of years and we act like the world is falling inwonder how long before Global Warming is mentioned?

Oh yeah, this is totally to blame for global warming! Isnt everything?:whistling:

oh yeah....bit belated but i think its a true time for this fello...:santa:

ODB_69;4255917

yeah totally! its been going on for millions of years and we act like the … yeah totally! its been going on for millions of years and we act like the world is falling in

lol like when july comes and it doesnt rain for a full 5 days and then were on an official hose pipe ban :lol:

foxymissroxy;4255947

ODB they havent even managed to grit round here the irony of it is the … ODB they havent even managed to grit round here the irony of it is the grit store is bout 1/2 a mile away and all the farmers are paid to do it except they all go and do the same roads!!! so us mountain folk get 2 choices go out and crash or stay in lol

Which are you going to do then? :? :giggle:

Syzable;4255977

well the kids are running round in their pj's!!! :-( i was looking forward to some peace today too!!

Woo hoo! Plenty of snow down south.

We never have snow in windsor, first decent snow I've experienced since I was like 4 or 5 yrs old.

foxymissroxy;4255994

well the kids are running round in their pj's!!! :-( i was looking … well the kids are running round in their pj's!!! :-( i was looking forward to some peace today too!!

Peace?? What's that? :lol:

My eldest has now become one with the 360 and the other 2 are chilling. lol

our trains dont run if it snow lines frozen, to cold lines frozen, to hot lines melting, windy leaves on line then of cause the everyday delays due to whatever they can think of (cows on line lol) oh what fun

Original Poster

i lived in central london for 16 years and never saw snow like this....i moved to southampton and its taken more years to see this decent snow....been 2 pile ups at either end of the road i live on

Banned

foxymissroxy;4255947

ODB they havent even managed to grit round here the irony of it is the … ODB they havent even managed to grit round here the irony of it is the grit store is bout 1/2 a mile away and all the farmers are paid to do it except they all go and do the same roads!!! so us mountain folk get 2 choices go out and crash or stay in lol

Dont get me started on farmers!!

u live up the mountain? OMG bet its freezing there...pure wind sheer I guess?

MinstrelMan;4255963

lol like when july comes and it doesnt rain for a full 5 days and then … lol like when july comes and it doesnt rain for a full 5 days and then were on an official hose pipe ban :lol:

loooooool...or it rains on 1 day after nice weather and suddenly were all gonna die :-D

Syzable;4255977

http://www.skippy.net/images/roflcopter.gif

Original Poster

Since im not going to work...im going to attempt to walk to the shop....im going to take some photos and try to get them uploaded on here.....

speak soon people =)

I still have to go to work today, apparently someone who usually gets the bus hitchiked to work and someone else has to wait 4 hours for a cab, I don't start until 2 so hopefully the roads will be better by then.

kelly1987;4256053

I still have to go to work today, apparently someone who usually gets the … I still have to go to work today, apparently someone who usually gets the bus hitchiked to work and someone else has to wait 4 hours for a cab, I don't start until 2 so hopefully the roads will be better by then.

Just to cheer you up..............the forecast for this afternoon is severe snowfall :lol:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767204
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1013
      3. word association Game73844474
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553782

See more discussions