Who is the Prime Minister of the UK Vs Obama POLL TIME

18 replies
Found 16th Mar 2009
This is mad i asked my 12 year old daughter who the current PM is and i got a blank stare I then asked who the president of the US is and got the reply "Obama"
Go and ask your kids in the same age bracket and see if you get the same kind of response
Also does Gordon need to raise his profile with the kids???

1. Misc
  2. Usa
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Usa
17 Comments

John Cena.

maybe some parents need to educate their kids just a little more then. Not a dig at you personally by the way.

Banned

black gerbil1;4656115

John Cena.

you cant C me

I don't have kids but i'm quite sure my 12 year old niece wouldn't have a scooby !

Original Poster

My daughter is really bright but not a clue on current affairs but she knows all about rhianna/chris brown

Pulling a Budd Dwyer is probably his best option. Failing that, I'd be stumped. He's just a bland boring lump of fat in a suit. How can kids, or anyone for that matter, be interested in that? He's just a terminally boring man. And it psses me off that we're stuck with him, when America gets Obama and his rousing speaches about 140 year old black women whose dads were slaves, which he delivers with enough emotion that it even makes a cold cynic like me shed a tear. And that's why Obama is known internationally, while Brown is just a fat non-entity.

dxx;4656231

Pulling a Budd Dwyer is probably his best option. Failing that, I'd be … Pulling a Budd Dwyer is probably his best option. Failing that, I'd be stumped. He's just a bland boring lump of fat in a suit. How can kids, or anyone for that matter, be interested in that? He's just a terminally boring man. And it psses me off that we're stuck with him, when America gets Obama and his rousing speaches about 140 year old black women whose dads were slaves, which he delivers with enough emotion that it even makes a cold cynic like me shed a tear. And that's why Obama is known internationally, while Brown is just a fat non-entity.

i'm no fan off brown but I'll wait and see what exactly obama does apart from get a room of specially selected people whooping with deliriem everytime he delivers a perfect sound bite.
The proof they say is in the pudding and it'll be intriguing to see what happens over the next 4 years.

Original Poster

anyway most uk folk would prefer Obama I am sure at least the yanks weren't lumbered with him like we were with Brown they are polar opposites brown tends to keep his head down as the country is the way it is where Obama looks confident in restoring and fixing
Brown just wants to print more money????

JBAUERBEATSJBOND;4656373

anyway most uk folk would prefer Obama I am sure at least the yanks … anyway most uk folk would prefer Obama I am sure at least the yanks weren't lumbered with him like we were with Brown they are polar opposites brown tends to keep his head down as the country is the way it is where Obama looks confident in restoring and fixing Brown just wants to print more money????

the similarities between obama and blair are far too many for me to be anything other than sceptical about him. add that to his less than impressive start( a few of his govt picks having to bow out for not exactly shining reasons) I remain to be convinced.

ants97;4656127

maybe some parents need to educate their kids just a little more then. … maybe some parents need to educate their kids just a little more then. Not a dig at you personally by the way.

Should be!

my 7 year old knows who gordon brown is and has even written letters to him. he has even got replies written on fancy stationary from downing street

primaryschool does not cover this sort of stuff except in passing like assemblies, or if they have a teacher interested in it.

i think it is important for kids to know about poltics and how unfair some stuff is, which is basically what politics is.

blackpeppa;4657318

my 7 year old knows who gordon brown is and has even written letters to … my 7 year old knows who gordon brown is and has even written letters to him. he has even got replies written on fancy stationary from downing streetprimaryschool does not cover this sort of stuff except in passing like assemblies, or if they have a teacher interested in it.i think it is important for kids to know about poltics and how unfair some stuff is, which is basically what politics is.

Not that i disagree with you, but isn't it sometimes nice for kids to be just kids for a while? before they realise how messed up adulthood can be?

sancho1983;4657364

Not that i disagree with you, but isn't it sometimes nice for kids to be … Not that i disagree with you, but isn't it sometimes nice for kids to be just kids for a while? before they realise how messed up adulthood can be?

you can't shelter a kid from the unfairness of the world, how can you avoid red nose day??? and all the charity stuff that goes on at school?

Fair point, but I think that's slightly different, saying let's do funny things to raise money for people. ie yeah, bad stuff does happen, but it doesn't really affect you, but you can help them.

That's different to, the country is in a mess because the PM is useless (not necessarily my opinion), you won't have a pension etc etc

Like i said, i don't entirely disagree with you, and if my child shows an interest in it then i will definitely explain as much as they need/want to know, just think that kids are expected to grow up more quickly these days

I wasn't having a go at you btw

ants97;4656288

i'm no fan off brown but I'll wait and see what exactly obama does apart … i'm no fan off brown but I'll wait and see what exactly obama does apart from get a room of specially selected people whooping with deliriem everytime he delivers a perfect sound bite. The proof they say is in the pudding and it'll be intriguing to see what happens over the next 4 years.

That is true. But, don't you think there's something kind-of inspiring about Obama? Not just what he represents with his ethnicity and name, but simply the way he speaks, the way he intones and spaces his words, the emotion he puts into it, everything. He's great, isn't he?

Wheras Brown's just dull.

dxx;4660726

That is true. But, don't you think there's something kind-of inspiring … That is true. But, don't you think there's something kind-of inspiring about Obama? Not just what he represents with his ethnicity and name, but simply the way he speaks, the way he intones and spaces his words, the emotion he puts into it, everything. He's great, isn't he?Wheras Brown's just dull.

I don't particulary care for what his name and ethnicity represent, nor the way he delivers his speeches that are written for him in the same way I don't care that brown comes accross as dour and dull.

Look behind the nice presentation, black face, lovely smile kind eyes etc and you'll see theres not been much change if any from the policies that left george w bush hated and the american/world economy in tatters.

probably because our prime minster is a nobody or not important to the next generation as he won't be in power by the time a 7 year old can vote ;-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 241 cinema code - how to ask?37
    2. Google maps on Plusnet33
    3. Help: NowTV Movie pass33
    4. Credit Card Debt Question...812

See more discussions