Groups

Who knew this.....?

(copy and pasted from old thread)

Just a note that the search will now support boolean searches.

For example if you wanted to find all threads that mention ipod touch but not ipod nano or ipod you would enter this in the search box: +ipod +touch.

If you wanted to search for ipod but not ones that mention nano then you would search: +ipod -nano

10 Comments

what happens if you want to search for +

thanks. is there like a tutorial website that teaches yo all about this stuff, as i think that could be useful to me

Sheep87;4744148

thanks. is there like a tutorial website that teaches yo all about this … thanks. is there like a tutorial website that teaches yo all about this stuff, as i think that could be useful to me

Dedicated huh..lol

Original Poster

Sheep87;4744148

thanks. is there like a tutorial website that teaches yo all about this … thanks. is there like a tutorial website that teaches yo all about this stuff, as i think that could be useful to me

Nope, theres a few thread but nothing about the search function.
    I was just looking around the site and stumbled across this thread. Found it useful so thought I would re-post it.

deb8z;4744166

Dedicated huh..lol

I just wanted to know how to properly search for things, to get the best results

Original Poster

dontasciime;4744142

what happens if you want to search for +

You need spaces for it to work.

e.g. If you search for "+ipod+nano-touch" then it would include the +'s and -'s.

You would need to search for "+ipod +nano -touch" in order for "nano" to be included and "touch" to be omitted from the search results.

hukd search is awful

even when you know how to use it

King of Thieves;4744194

You need spaces for it to work.e.g. If you search for "+ipod+nano-touch" … You need spaces for it to work.e.g. If you search for "+ipod+nano-touch" then it would include the +'s and -'s.You would need to search for "+ipod +nano -touch" in order for "nano" to be included and "touch" to be omitted from the search results.

i see, thanks for that think i can get the hang of that!

same on google
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…2160
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767226
      3. Spotify Family Premium share510
      4. love affairs1015

See more discussions